Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
libprs500 - Author Alphabetizing

So I thought I was really happy with libprs500, I had gotten all my books set up in it and had changed the metadata on several - thanks for a great tool, Kovid Goyal!

However, I found a problem with the way it handles the author metadata. The way all of my lrf books are set up is with Lastname, Firstname for the author, since the Reader doesn't alphabetize correctly.

In libprs500, this makes it into two separate authors - books show up on the Reader as by "Lastname & Firstname"

Is there a way to continue my naming convention and use libprs500?

Thanks.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the author sort field in the gui to set the sort name. You should use the author field for the display name. I believe the reader respects the author sort metadata if you transfer via the GUI, though I'm not a 100% certain on this.

Alternatively rather than a comma use a semi colon or just a space as the separator.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
Christopher
Christopher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
I'm just busy converting a shit load of material into ODT format right now. I hate the fact that text doesn't word wrap, makes loading text documents onto my reader a pain.

Any way to add something like an ODT2LIT cli tool?
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

use http://www.artofsolving.com/opensource/jodconverter to convert to html and then html2lrf
Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the author sort field in the gui to set the sort name. You should use the author field for the display name. I believe the reader respects the author sort metadata if you transfer via the GUI, though I'm not a 100% certain on this.

Alternatively rather than a comma use a semi colon or just a space as the separator.

So there's no way to change the character libprs500 uses? I've got a lot of books in the Lastname, Firstname format... Is there a way to batch-convert them?
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle View Post
So there's no way to change the character libprs500 uses? I've got a lot of books in the Lastname, Firstname format... Is there a way to batch-convert them?
Yeah use the lrf-meta command

lrf-meta --help