Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

I'm sure it might be somewhere in the stickies, but some of those threads are so long and I couldn't find it.

I am trying to convert an epub to mobi format ready for a new Kindle.

The epub does not have DRM.

It converts to other formats ok.

But on mobi it gets the error:

RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

Should I open a ticket at the Calibre website as I have saved out the error file it produces. It looks like it is parsing the epub absolutely fine and then something blows it out.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a ticket and attach the epub
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Kovid

I have raised a ticket #5684 but unfortunately can't attach the EPUB file as it is 5.31MB (it is a biography with quite a few photos inside it).

I did attach the error text in full.

I have been able to convert the EPUB to LRF and then to MOBI which has worked out ok, but might still be worth a look at the error in case anyone else gets it?

Many thanks
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Mail the epub to me at kovid at kovidgoyal. net
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
javaheidi
javaheidi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I've had the same problem, see ticket 6155.
javaheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
relder
relder began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just ran into it as well. I'm not certain as to which ebook it was attempting to process, however. I'm attempting to import a rather large library, so it's difficult to ascertain.
relder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by relder View Post
I just ran into it as well. I'm not certain as to which ebook it was attempting to process, however. I'm attempting to import a rather large library, so it's difficult to ascertain.
You can open the job details window (lower right) and find out which book failed and it includes the details of the conversion including the error. As mentioned above open a ticket and attach the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote