Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Two Questions

Hi All:

Spent quite a bit of time last night getting to know the "Nuts & Bolts" of my new PRS-300 reader. It seems very easy to understand and operate. However, I do have two questions for the experts at M.R.:

1.) Time - Am I correct is saying that the only way to see the time is to go into the "Settings" menu and read it there?

2.) So far, I have not found a way to display how much memory is used after loading some Ebooks onto the device. Is it possible to get a percent used?

Kevin
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Hey, what a coincidence, exactly the two things I still wonder about after more then a week with this cutie. So far, I didn't come further the no/no. Hope I'm proven wrong, otherwise, time for a software update, time could easily be shown on the bottom line (optional please).
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
On the 505, the only way to show the time on the bottom is to use the PRS-Customizer. Since the 300 doesn't have a card slot, I don't believe you have any options.

If you use Calibre, it will show you how much memory you have left.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
On the 505, the only way to show the time on the bottom is to use the PRS-Customizer. Since the 300 doesn't have a card slot, I don't believe you have any options.

If you use Calibre, it will show you how much memory you have left.
I have a prs-505 and it shows the time and date by hitting "settings". There is a date and time line with all of the information...it is not as convenient as having the time on the page you are reading, but it is still there under settings.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
The Sony Library software also shows memory usage of the Reader. You don't need Calibre for this.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert