Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #16
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The sd card works great in the T62. I'm using the same one that was slow in the T68 and it's much better. It's recognized quicker in the T62 and Titanium backup is much quicker writing to it.
Yes, I've found that a number of things that were quite slow on the T68 happen much quicker on the T62. I find I'm using the T62 more and more, and the T68 less and less.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #17
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Yes, I've found that a number of things that were quite slow on the T68 happen much quicker on the T62. I find I'm using the T62 more and more, and the T68 less and less.
What set cpu app do you use and what settings?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #18
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
I ordered one
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #19
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What set cpu app do you use and what settings?
The app is called SetCPU. The dev who created it is Michael Chang. I mention his name so you'll be sure you have the same app. I used the recommended settings. It's hard to change some settings, such as the governor, because of the white-on-white problem. But you can see the maximum and minimum CPU speeds and all possible speeds in between, so you could manually adjust the max or min speed. I simply left it at recommended settings with interactive governor. I haven't run the battery down yet, but I suspect that the battery (with wifi on) could last eight or more hours (my bet now is ten). The battery seemed to go down faster before I installed SetCPU.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #20
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The app is called SetCPU. The dev who created it is Michael Chang. I mention his name so you'll be sure you have the same app. I used the recommended settings. It's hard to change some settings, such as the governor, because of the white-on-white problem. But you can see the maximum and minimum CPU speeds and all possible speeds in between, so you could manually adjust the max or min speed. I simply left it at recommended settings with interactive governor. I haven't run the battery down yet, but I suspect that the battery (with wifi on) could last eight or more hours (my bet now is ten). The battery seemed to go down faster before I installed SetCPU.
Not Michael Huang? Unfortunately the one in Amazon appstore where I have tons of coins is v2.3.0.2 and Google play is 3.1.0
Advert
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #21
downeaster59
Wizard

Well, that proves that I shouldn't write notes just before going to bed! Yes, it is Michael Huang. There are probably other apps out there that do the same thing, but I'm more familiar with this one.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #22
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Thank you both for your reviews.

Now I'm even more tempted than I was before!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #23
downeaster59
Wizard

@Purple Lady: From your review, it seems like you tried both the E653 and the T62 firmwares on your device. If so, how would you compare them? Thanks!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #24
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@Purple Lady: From your review, it seems like you tried both the E653 and the T62 firmwares on your device. If so, how would you compare them? Thanks!
I spent most of my time on the E653 and went back to the T62 before writing this review. I just went back to the E653. Wifi kept dropping on the T62 and I don't remember it doing that on the E653. The E653 also gives the ability to change the page turn buttons to be volume buttons. I can then use volume buttons to navigate thru articles in Inoreader. It also allows most reading apps to use the volume buttons to turn pages.

Edit: I think the battery may have been a little better too,

Last edited by Purple Lady; 10-29-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #25
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
I spent most of my time on the E653 and went back to the T62 before writing this review. I just went back to the E653. Wifi kept dropping on the T62 and I don't remember it doing that on the E653. The E653 also gives the ability to change the page turn buttons to be volume buttons. I can then use volume buttons to navigate thru articles in Inoreader. It also allows most reading apps to use the volume buttons to turn pages.

Edit: I think the battery may have been a little better too,
Thanks. That is helpful. I may try the E653 at some point.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #26
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
How do you switch firmwares? Just by flashing an update.zip?
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #27
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
How do you switch firmwares? Just by flashing an update.zip?
Yes. Just look at the rooting and Google Play installation guide by nightboy on this MobileRead thread - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245888 . Follow the instructions for updating. You won't even lose your apps or data.

I switched back and forth a few times and the only problem I had was that I needed to manually uninstall Google play and Google play services and then reinstall them.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #28
downeaster59
Wizard

My latest SetCPU update with the T62:

I'm running SetCPU with an interactive governor. Max is set to 1008 MHz. Min is set to 312 MHz. According to my Battery app, I'm at 69% after 11 hrs, 22 min. on battery. My wifi has been on for most of that time. It seems almost too good to be true. Is the Battery app not reporting accurately, or are we on to something here?
Old 10-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #29
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My latest SetCPU update with the T62:

I'm running SetCPU with an interactive governor. Max is set to 1008 MHz. Min is set to 312 MHz. According to my Battery app, I'm at 69% after 11 hrs, 22 min. on battery. My wifi has been on for most of that time. It seems almost too good to be true. Is the Battery app not reporting accurately, or are we on to something here?
That's pretty good!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #30
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Quote:
I bought it at Banggood.com and it took about 3 weeks. The price on Amazon is a much higher price so I didn't think it was worth it. I would recommend ordering the case too. It wasn't available when I first ordered and the one I bought had straps to hold it in that blocked the power button.
Does it take that long for the Chinese postal service to move packets around ?
I saw mine got shipped from Banggood.com a week ago and then nothing, it sits in a warehouse somewhere ...
I guess I'm too used to Amazon.com
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote