Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
bfewell
bfewell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Entourage Pocket Edge
Kindle App on eReader

Is there any way to view my Kindle books with the Kindle App on the eReader side?
--or--
Is there a way to transfer my Kindle books to the Library on the PE?
bfewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Kindle has a reader for android or you could use Calibre to convert the books possibly. Reader would be easiest.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
bfewell
bfewell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Entourage Pocket Edge
I am wondering though if I can move the view the books on the eReader screen of the PE. I tried Calibre and it won't convert the Kindle books.
bfewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Only if you can convert them to the eink side format. They are probably protected from conversion if Calibre can't deal with them.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #5
Astoria
Astoria began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
how do I get the kindle readerbfor android?
Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #6
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfewell View Post
I tried Calibre and it won't convert the Kindle books.
Calibre can convert them with a plug-in. Google 'Apprentice Alf' to find detailed instructions. It's pretty simple.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
how do I get the kindle readerbfor android?
If you already have an Amazon account, it's pretty easy. Just go to amazon.com from the browser on your Edge and type 'app store' in their search bar. Find an app you want to try (they have the Kindle app) and click where it says 'free'. It will change to 'Get' and then click that. It will prompt you to sign in to your account (email and password) and then will prompt you to install their AppStore app. Once it's installed you can find it with all your other apps (press the 'x' on the LCD home screen) and use it from there for all your amazon app needs, or long press and drag the icon to your home screen for ease of use.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
There is another way to read Kindle books without using Calibre to convert the books to epub. A member of this forum developed a program called "lcd2eink" that enables you to view the page on your lcd on the eink side. Here is the link to that discussion. It provides directions.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=lcd2eink
With lcd2eink enabled, I can open a Kindle book in the Kindle app on the lcd side and read the book on the eink side. I use the stylus on the eink side to turn the pages. All the while, th book is opened on the lcd side even though the lcd screen is turned off.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
With lcd2eink enabled, I can open a Kindle book in the Kindle app on the lcd side and read the book on the eink side. I use the stylus on the eink side to turn the pages. All the while, th book is opened on the lcd side even though the lcd screen is turned off.
Oh cool!! You mean you don't have to turn the page on the LCD, then hit the button to copy it over for each page, you can just interact with the e-ink side and the tablet will go along in the dark??

I know you've told me I would like lcd2eink. The more I hear about it the more I think you are right!! . . . I just have to quit thinking about it and DO it!

(Thanks again to Javese for creating lcd2eink! )
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Oh cool!! You mean you don't have to turn the page on the LCD, then hit the button to copy it over for each page, you can just interact with the e-ink side and the tablet will go along in the dark??

(Thanks again to Javese for creating lcd2eink! )
Yes. That is what I mean. : ) The way Javese has made the app, you can choose between several different methods of input to turn the pages. I think it is really cool.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
pucku
pucku began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Can't transfer book covers to kindle app

Hello. I hope someone can help me...

I have an Android tablet with the Kindle App on it. I am using Calibre to transfer the books to my device.

Here's the issue...

Some books transfer without cover art even though the cover art shows in the metadata. I've tried converting the books, redownloading the metadata, etc. and nothing works.

Now most books transfer just fine, so I don't know why these few won't.

Thanks.
pucku is offline   Reply With Quote