Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #3046
poohbear_nc
Not Ready For 2015
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Absolutely not!

As I have reiterated over and over, it is Agatha Chicken all the way.
Ah .... my biographer!
poohbear_nc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #3047
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Ah .... my biographer!
It's incomplete though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #3048
Solitaire1
Slow But Unstoppable
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I wrote the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
My two favorite fictional detectives are: Lt. Columbo and Conan Edogawa.
To which eschwartz in response as part of a post:

Quote:
What, do you think they are superior detectives?

When I say I respect Poirot more than Holmes, it is not "because I like his character", it is "I get the impression he is far more capable and intelligent".
I'm not sure if the two detectives I mentioned are better than Holmes, but based on my limited knowledge of Holmes (via the visual portrayals rather than the books themselves), they appear to be on par with him despite their different styles.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #3049
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
I'm not sure if the two detectives I mentioned are better than Holmes, but based on my limited knowledge of Holmes (via the visual portrayals rather than the books themselves), they appear to be on par with him despite their different styles.
Although it might be best to compare them to his books.

I'm afraid I still don't believe formulaic conclusions derived from happenstance is superior to psychological analysis... although I don't know how Messrs. Colombo and Edogawa factor themselves in.

But back to the original point of discussion, if you wish to be a poseur and pretend you are a detective, perhaps you should shrink yourself into a child rather than don a deerstalker...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #3050
Solitaire1
Slow But Unstoppable
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Although it might be best to compare them to his books.

I'm afraid I still don't believe formulaic conclusions derived from happenstance is superior to psychological analysis... although I don't know how Messrs. Colombo and Edogawa factor themselves in.

But back to the original point of discussion, if you wish to be a poseur and pretend you are a detective, perhaps you should shrink yourself into a child rather than don a deerstalker...
Although the potion that shrunk Conan had a side effect of extending life (take it, reverse your physical age to that of a 6 year old, then grow up again), looking like a kid would cause people to not take me seriously when it comes to solving mysteries (Conan has to use others to speak for him when revealing who the criminal is).

I disagree that the solutions that Conan and Columbo come up with are due to happenstance. In both cases, they solve mysteries by detailed examinations of the clues and not missing any detail.

It seems like it is time to create a new thread for this discussion...

I guess I will need to carefully examine PoohBear's coop for clues. Chickens have been disappearing and I need to determine where they have been going...
Old 08-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #3051
doubleshuffle
Facsimilist
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD
Is this where I get to order hot chicken wings?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #3052
Solitaire1
Slow But Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Is this where I get to order hot chicken wings?
I'm sure someone can point you in the direction of hot wings. Just look for a certain gentleman in a white suit...
Old 08-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #3053
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It seems like it is time to create a new thread for this discussion...
Actually... I think distracting you from eating poohbear is technically very much on target.
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #3054
Solitaire1
Slow But Unstoppable

Quote:
Actually... I think distracting you from eating poohbear is technically very much on target.
Discussing other topics won't distract me from eating chicken. Plus, I don't want to eat PoohBear, he's much too entertaining to eat. Other chickens however...
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #3055
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

Quote:
Discussing other topics won't distract me from eating chicken. Plus, I don't want to eat PoohBear, he's much too entertaining to eat. Other chickens however...
... so what you're saying is, poohbear really has nothing to worry about and we can all go home.
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #3056
poohbear_nc
Not Ready For 2015
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Quote:
*not enough reason to exit Dinner Protection Program yet*
poohbear_nc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #3057
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
*not enough reason to exit Dinner Protection Program yet*
They still won't catch us. Too fat, you see.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
11 herbs and spices, cajun spiced aprilhare, canibal penguins rule, cluck, kentucky fried poohbear, kfc on the house!!, ready roasted red phoenix, time to eat chicken!