Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #46
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
It is essential that everybody who have this problem reports it to Amazon, they need to be aware of problem existence.
I agree that we should put the pressure on them to fix it, but they most definitely are aware. As I've said earlier in the thread, they've called me three times now asking for more info and for my log files. I also pointed them to this thread.

Last night it happened again. I closed my cover for a moment and when I returned to reading the light wouldn't come on. Using radiant light from my cell phone (it was pitch black) I was able to see that it was going to sleep and waking up, but no light. Adjusting the light level turned the light on, but when I was done reading the light wouldn't extinguish. I had to do a reboot to get things back to normal.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #47
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
This happened to me last night. I opened my KPW this morning and the battery was nearly dead. I checked and I saw that the light was not turning off when I closed the cover. I forced the device off and back on and it went back to normal.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #48
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
This happened to me last night. I opened my KPW this morning and the battery was nearly dead. I checked and I saw that the light was not turning off when I closed the cover. I forced the device off and back on and it went back to normal.
Was it the official Amazon cover?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #49
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
It is essential that everybody who have this problem reports it to Amazon, they need to be aware of problem existence.
OK, it happened to me for the second time. I was reading last night in a dark room, which is why I realized that the light hadn't gone out. If it had happened in a well-lighted room, I might not have noticed. Once again, the light didn't turn off. A full restart from the menu fixed the problem. I am using the official Amazon cover and might be inclined to blame that except for the folks above who have had the same problem with different covers or none at all.

How should I report this problem? Go through the usual Kindle customer service? I'm not looking for a replacement as I'm happy with the appearance of my KPW as it is and don't want to chance getting a color-blobby screen.

Last edited by ElspethB; 10-26-2012 at 09:20 AM.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Follow this link, then click the Contact Us button on the right hand side of the page. After signing in to your Amazon account and answering a few questions, you'll be presented with E-mail, Phone, or Chat options.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-26-2012 at 01:18 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #51
fp944s2
fp944s2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Me Too

Hi

This happened to me for the first time in two months yesterday.

Sine the last post seems to have been in October 2012 does anyone have an update?
fp944s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #52
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
It occasionally happens to me since day 1. The only way to fix it is to reboot. Yes, the original cover. But the cover has nothing to do with it. When the light gets into 'stuck mode', it does not turn off even by pressing the button - it stays on while on screensaver. At least, in my case.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #53
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle paperwhite light not turning off

Hi guys,
This happened to me as well. I've had my KPW for a little under a month, and about a week ago I turned it off at the power button and the light stayed on. I reset it from the main menu and it hasn't happened since. I've never had it in a magnetic case, just a Kingston fold over case I bought at the same time as the KPW. I bought the KPW in a retail store (Dick Smith) in Brisbane, Australia, so it's not isolated at all. I didn't think to report it to Amazon, but I will now!

No issues after the reset, at least, not yet.
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #54
Ganfas
Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It happened to me a few times also, but i think that it only happened after i let the kindle go to sleep with the cover open. I use the official amazon cover.
Ganfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #55
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
This happens to me about once a month on average: same symptoms reported by other users. It has happened since I bought mine last November, but the frequency seems less since the most recent firmware update (though this could be coincidence; it has always been sporadic). Rebooting always fixes it.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #56
sonicman
sonicman began at the beginning.

I meet this case a week ago, A restart will fix it.
sonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:09 AM   #57
iBookMan
iBookMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Still happening. Why no fix years later?

My Kindle Paperwhite still stays at full brightness in the sleep or screensaver mode. Or, it goes dim while in reading mode. Rebooting solves the problem. It has always done this. When can we expect a bios fix for this? Or, if it's a hardware problem, can I get a new one? Or, maybe the software needs updating? I'm on the latest s/w release.

I also have trouble rebooting this device. I have to hold the button for about 30 seconds to get it to take.
iBookMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBookMan View Post
My Kindle Paperwhite still stays at full brightness in the sleep or screensaver mode. Or, it goes dim while in reading mode. Rebooting solves the problem. It has always done this. When can we expect a bios fix for this? Or, if it's a hardware problem, can I get a new one? Or, maybe the software needs updating? I'm on the latest s/w release.
I've not seen this issue for a VERY long time. Do you have the most recent firmware version installed?

Quote:
I also have trouble rebooting this device. I have to hold the button for about 30 seconds to get it to take.
That is entirely normal. It's perhaps easier to select the "Reboot" option from the menu.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #59
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I have a slightly different problem--but it's not too troubling to me. My light always goes off when I close the cover--I do notice when I'm using the non-Kindle brand smart cover, it sometimes takes a few seconds for the light to go off. But about every one out of five or six times when I turn my KPW2 the light doesn't come on. If I turn the KPW2 off and on with the switch, the light comes on--also if I adjust the brightness with the slider, it'll turn the light on. If I use the official Kindle cover, this happens once in a great while, but no where near as frequently.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #60
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
But about every one out of five or six times when I turn my KPW2 the light doesn't come on. If I turn the KPW2 off and on with the switch, the light comes on--also if I adjust the brightness with the slider, it'll turn the light on. If I use the official Kindle cover, this happens once in a great while, but no where near as frequently.
Same thing happens to mine. It also occurs on my Kobo Aura HD.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote