Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #196
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Lol! If only there was a way to do that with purses...
Oh tell me about it! I wish my wardrobe had an invisible compartment for my handbags.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #197
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Ultimately, it came down to an impulse buy. I'd always wanted one, always convinced myself out of it but when Kobo released a tablet.. I had to. For e-reader and tablet capabilities. I know others like it were out there, just couldn't see them so there were out of mind. Harder to do that when I'm selling them to others.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #198
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've discussed e-reading with my colleaque's a couple of times, but I was convinced it was not for me. Then my birthday came up and I got some birthday-money + I was about to go on a trip. So I thought: why not actually try it out.
And so I did
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #199
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So that I could scream at you all: IN YOUR FAAAAAAACE cause I got a REEEEAAAAADER ...
Then I realized this is a reading community and most of you have one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
Curious as to why all you ultimately bought an ereader .
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #200
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
  1. Every time I bought a book, I thought to myself, "That's one more purchase that won't be on my e-reader someday, or I'll have to buy it again.
  2. All the tablet computers on the market got me intrigued. As I reflected on what I wanted in a tablet, I realized none of the existing choices were ready yet for prime time. What would I want instead in the meantime? E-readers seemed to already have all the features needed to enjoy reading a book.
  3. Amazon provided the opportunity to buy stuff with American Express points. I had a large balance of such points. It felt like a free Kindle.
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 04:04 AM   #201
Caip.
Caip. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I bought my Kindle out of interest in technology and easy access to English books.

I'm Dutch, but I read a lot of books in English, and having them as ebook is much easier (and cheaper!) than waiting and paying for books from Amazon to be delivered to the Netherlands.

Also, I'm a bit of a gadget geek. I love gadgets, smartphones and new tech stuff in general, and when I learned that a Kindle wasn't as expensive as I thought, I just ordered one.
Caip. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #202
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caip. View Post

Also, I'm a bit of a gadget geek. I love gadgets, smartphones and new tech stuff in general, and when I learned that a Kindle wasn't as expensive as I thought, I just ordered one.
I love gadgets too!
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #203
teasonc
teasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard 3G
The initial investment in e-reader hardware was unattractive until prices fell. When they moved out of niche status and into enough hands, I knew it was my turn to give them a try. I'm not the earliest adopter, but I'm often not the last, either. It was time.

The more I learn about the device, the more I play with it; the less different it is from a computer, and the fewer books I read per week. The ones I do manage to read, I enjoy much more than on the computer's generous LCD, because of the difference in display technology (eInk). The strong design of the e-reader means focused single-task use as a reader, and that helps me to gain more reading per time interval. Any introduced graphics (or even very difficult text passages I need to jockey back and forth between pages) makes it unpleasant, without additional solutions (a second e-reader loaded with the same book is my current solution there).

I hit saturation sooner, in some ways -- prior, I never hit saturation but I wasn't reading much. Now I read a lot, but I do find my saturation point where I don't want to read any more, for a while.

It's a good thing there is a saturation point. If there weren't, I think I'd wear myself out trying to reach it.

The best thing about getting a dedicated reader is I can switch off the desktop's display, unplug its USB keyboard and mouse, and let the machine idle. Often, for several days in that state.

That's new. That's valued. Greatly.

Last edited by teasonc; 11-23-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: s/desktop/desktop's/
teasonc is offline   Reply With Quote