Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
sending books to ereader how??

Perhaps a dumb question!

I've always downloaded purchased ebooks to my PC then added them to Calibre and then used Calibre to send them to my Sony 505.

Do I really need to use Calibre? Or can I just copy/paste the downloaded books directly to my Sony 505?

Any special considerations??

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I regularly add ebooks to my PRS-505 without any specific ebook software; just copy & paste the files into the right folder on the extra drive. (Right now, I don't have Calibre or the Sony Library installed on my main computer; I'm still sorting out weird Vista issues.)

However, with Calibre, you can tag books in order to group them, and fix the metadata. While those aren't always necessary, sometimes they're very useful. But you don't need it to transfer ready-to-read books to the reader.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert