Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2023, 09:28 AM   #1
EricTyson
EricTyson began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook era
Since update to 6.23: Adding books from .acsm not working as usual

I just updated my Calibre to 6.23 (I think previously I was on 6.19 or 6.20).
Since the update, when adding new books from an .acsm file I cant obtain the corresponding epub anymore.
In particular, the book is only added in acsm format.
When I try to explicitly format to .epub I get the message
Code:
calibre, version 6.23.0
WARNING: Could not convert some books: Could not convert the book because no supported source format was found

StrangerstoOurselves 9780374600853 8328676 - No supported formats (Available formats: acsm)
Just before I updated to 6.23 (i.e. yesterday evening) this still worked perfectly fine.

Any thoughts, ideas, hints that could be causing this? Glad for every help!

PS: Notably, when adding or converting .azw3 files things work still fine.
EricTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update whatever plugin you are using to process the acsm files, and if that doesnt work report the problem to theat plugin's authors.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2023, 03:13 AM   #3
EricTyson
EricTyson began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook era
Interesting. It seems that during update my .acsm plugin got lost. Even more, I cannot install DeACSM due to some error message. I just posted the corresponding error message in the respective thread.
EricTyson is offline   Reply With Quote