Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #286
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
And don't forget Coolreader and Fbreader bugs as reported in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202753
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #287
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
I know that some GUI optimisation is highly expected and demanded, but we just do things step-by-step.

Currently we are working on implementation of multitasking features like tasks manager (since it was the most demanded feature). Although it is interesting task, it also still needs hard working on it.

My silence here on some days in last time is just because I am heavily busy with it, so please don't be frustrated and confused by it.

Next step will be implementing of some advanced settings and GUI optimisation.

It concerns both - M92 and i62 series. They are using same software.
No worries, I had no doubt you guys were at work. Hope Onyx is too, the dictionaries software could sure use some improvements.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #288
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
I am really looking forward to multitasking. I just bought a I62HD and am really pleased with it. But I do a lot of switching between (opened) books/articles. If there's a way to make that more efficitent, that would be very welcome.
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #289
simetra
simetra began at the beginning.

Device: onyx i62HD firefly
Some issues new owner Firefly

Hi! Just yesterday I got the Onyx Firefly and installed the PDF patches from Booxtor; now the lighting is dimmer and I don't know what to do (tried reset to fabric settings etc.) Firmware version is 1.8.20121228, 4GB int.memory.
Also I was wondering if it is possible to install apps (for ex. library tools) or is there allready something like that on the device (can't find it..)?
Thanks in advance!
Simetra
simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #290
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Exclamation A suggestion

Might I suggest that we split this thread up into:
  1. A thread for only the updates themselves (stickied); and
  2. A thread for discussion of (actual and/or potential) updates (not stickied)

That way, somebody looking for software updates doesn't have the needle-in-a-haystack task of searching through 20 pages of discussion to find them.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #291
Bezid
Bezid began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX i62HD FIREFLY 8GB
Hello,
i ve got ONYX BOOX i62HD FIREFLY 8GB and it has firmware version 1.8.20130128. Is there a updates for it? and there i can get them?
Thanks.
Bezid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #292
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Bezid, welcome to MR!

Your reader already has the latest firmware available. The first post of this thread informs about all updates.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #293
Abayo
Abayo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
hi

I have the newest firmware on my firefly and I tried to patch the pdf reader. First I tried the newest patch (2013) and i couldn´t open the books I last read (Or to be more precise: I could open but only got a white page and the page number was jumping from 46 to 66 to 77 and so on). Then I tried the older patch in the hope this will fix the problem, because booxtor said that it is a beta, but the problem is the same..
HELP!!

Also I cannot use CoolReader or FBReader on this book, but I had this problem before too (maybe because of drm-protection?)

Edit: The books in question already have some markings with the old pdf-reader. If this helps...

Last edited by Abayo; 03-18-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Abayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #294
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abayo View Post
hi

I have the newest firmware on my firefly and I tried to patch the pdf reader. First I tried the newest patch (2013) and i couldn´t open the books I last read (Or to be more precise: I could open but only got a white page and the page number was jumping from 46 to 66 to 77 and so on). Then I tried the older patch in the hope this will fix the problem, because booxtor said that it is a beta, but the problem is the same..
HELP!!

Also I cannot use CoolReader or FBReader on this book, but I had this problem before too (maybe because of drm-protection?)

Edit: The books in question already have some markings with the old pdf-reader. If this helps...
Hi,

just a question, did you install just the onyx_pdf_reader or the libonyx_ui.so too?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #295
Abayo

Hi
I followed the instructions on the first page.
The first try (newest patch) was only with the 2 files from the zip-file (without libonyx_ui.so).
The second try (older patch) was with libonyx_ui.so, onyx_pdf_reader and update.oar

Edit:
I tried various things now and the new pdf-reader style is working (with the version from 12.12.12) only when I check the option "use old PDF Reader". Then I have bigger Icons and no exit message.
But it cannot read drm protected book! Failure message about wrong drm password setting appear.
With the newest update I have the failures I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Abayo; 03-18-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #296
Abayo

Any idea?
Or at least a way to restore the normal pdf reader?
I need a specific drm protected book and I don´t have everytime 2 monitors for my laptop...
Old 03-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #297
cherox
cherox began at the beginning.

Device: i62HD Firefly

where to download the latest firmware for i62HD (from 28.01.2013?)
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #298
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Well, 4 months and two weeks since last full firmware and 3 months since last pdfreader update ...
Any estimation about next update?
Any improvement for FBReader and Coolreader?

Last edited by Manolo; 04-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #299
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Well, 4 months and two weeks since last full firmware and 3 months since last pdfreader update ...
Any estimation about next update?
Any improvement for FBReader and Coolreader?
Sssssh. They are working on anything and everything. But asking questions is not appreciated.

Quote from Booxtor (from a relatively long time ago; no news since):
"I know that some GUI optimisation is highly expected and demanded, but we just do things step-by-step.
Currently we are working on implementation of multitasking features like tasks manager (since it was the most demanded feature). Although it is interesting task, it also still needs hard working on it.
My silence here on some days in last time is just because I am heavily busy with it, so please don't be frustrated and confused by it."
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #300
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Sssssh. They are working on anything and everything. But asking questions is not appreciated.
(...)
I appreciate your remarks