Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Nati
Nati began at the beginning.

Device: netbook
ebook will not open in netbook

After downloading the latest update for Calibre i downloaded an ebook from Gutenberg Project, which i can read in my desktop pc, but it will not open in my Eee netbook. When i click on the ebook in the netbook the only option i have is to edit what's in there, it willl not open the book. I'm lost, thank you.....Nati
Nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Right click on the book and choose "open with" and then select the application you want to run. What format is the eBook in?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
You do need to have an ebook reader application installed on your netbook that has support for the particular format of your ebook. Generally, netbooks don't come with ebook reading software pre-installed.

What format is the ebook and what reader apps have you installed.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Nati

The format is EPUB.
Dalede "open with" gave me File Type: unknown
and Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.
But right there on that same tab i clicked on View > View Specific Format > EPUB and it worked.
Dwig, i use the Calibre ebook reader.
Thank you both. Happy reading........ Nati
Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati View Post
The format is EPUB.
Dalede "open with" gave me File Type: unknown
and Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.
But right there on that same tab i clicked on View > View Specific Format > EPUB and it worked.
Dwig, i use the Calibre ebook reader.
Thank you both. Happy reading........ Nati
You an associate Calibre with ePub by using the bottom choice in open with to browse to the location of Calibre installation and checking make this the default application. From then on you should be able to just click a file.

Calibre can read quite a few different formats and they can each be associated with the Calibre reader. By the way the reader is separate from Calibre.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #6
Nati

Thank you DaleDe.