Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
wakata2
wakata2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Unhappy Selecting text in PDF files

Hello Mobile read community!
(this is my first post here, and I'm not even English, so please bear with me ;-])

I'm doing a lot of math-related work as part of my daily life, especially typesetting documents with LaTex. So I customized my usual headers to build for my PRS-600 screen. Up to here no problems.

But there comes the problem: it seems that the PRS600 just won't select text from the PDFs generated by pdflatex. Indeed, it doesn't know how to separate words, and thus selects blocks of text separated by punctuation signs. Quite far from perfect, since I can't make any precise selection, nor search my previous selections.

I've investigated this a lot before coming and bothering you here, but I couldn't find anything. I saw discussions on the pdflatex mailing lists, which says that tagged pdfs will solve the problem. But when I test tagged PDFs on my device (eg. by resizing text), my Sony displays one word per line. Yet in regular zoom mode the selection is ok.

Having only encountered this problem with pdflatex-generated files, I thought that maybe some latex gurus here could help me :-)

Thanks,
Wakata.
wakata2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
wakata2
wakata2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
No one? I really can't figure this out...
wakata2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
notes, pdf, pdflatex, prs-600, selection