Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Wink US - SONY 600 for $199 w/Card

In case you are not aware of this Sony Special:

By requesting and using the Sony Credit Card, you can receive $100 off your first purchase from Sonystyle, for any purchase $299 or above.

This makes the Sony 600 Touch $199 plus tax. (Ships free)

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644595898
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I hope this deal is still available in December or whenever we can start ordering the Daily Edition 7 in. I'm definitely ordering that one so I would love to have it for $299!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Thanks for posting the link.

That's pretty tempting. Especially on top of these pictures. In the pix, the screen comes across as being a lot better than I had come to believe based on earlier posts.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I hope this deal is still available in December or whenever we can start ordering the Daily Edition 7 in. I'm definitely ordering that one so I would love to have it for $299!
Current deal is "within the first 45 days your account is open."
I understand they usually have some sort of deal, so you might want to keep your eyes open around that time.

We don't have 3G sometimes don't even have cell coverage.
600 is supposed to ship today - still waiting to hear.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I'm with you! I bought the red 600 at full price because I'd like to keep the $100 off for the DE.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Am I to assume this offer doesn't apply if you already have a Sony card?
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstr View Post
Am I to assume this offer doesn't apply if you already have a Sony card?
Correct.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
AdamGott
Connoisseur
AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle/iPad
The deal has been active for a long time in one form or another. I used it to buy a PS3 about a year ago.
AdamGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
jrgarrett
jrgarrett began at the beginning.

Device: none
Could someone who has done this please clarify.

Per Sony Website:
"Your first single sales receipt purchase made at SonyStyle.com, equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify you for a $100 Statement Credit. Statement Credit within the first 45 days your account is open will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from Qualifying Purchase"

The way I read this is after the $299 purchase I will receive a $100 credit good toward future purchases and the credit is not applied to the initial purchase. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Last edited by jrgarrett; 08-27-2009 at 10:30 AM.
jrgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgarrett View Post
Could someone who has done this please clarify.

Per Sony Website:
"Your first single sales receipt purchase made at SonyStyle.com, equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify you for a $100 Statement Credit. Statement Credit within the first 45 days your account is open will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from Qualifying Purchase"

The way I read this is after the $299 purchase I will receive a $100 credit good toward future purchases and the credit is not applied to the initial purchase. Am I interpreting this correctly?
Since this is a CREDIT CARD, your $100 will be applied to your statement within 8-12 weeks. If you have already paid the full amount, yes, you will need to buy something else. However, if you leave a $100 balance on your account until the credit shows up, it will be taken off of the original purchase. Of course, you will be paying the interest on the balance of the credit card until the amount is paid off.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
kyoisthebest
kyoisthebest began at the beginning.

Device: none
What is the average time for approval? As in, I know it says instant approval, but both I and another person (with even better credit then me) applied, and after submitting it said we will be notified within 30 days. Is anyone aware of a time frame? (If others have gotten instant approval, knowing that would be useful too).

Thank you for your help.
kyoisthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoisthebest View Post
What is the average time for approval? As in, I know it says instant approval, but both I and another person (with even better credit then me) applied, and after submitting it said we will be notified within 30 days. Is anyone aware of a time frame? (If others have gotten instant approval, knowing that would be useful too).

Thank you for your help.
I got instant approval when I signed up earlier this evening for the card and used it to buy my Sony PRS600.

I don't have any debt or any problems with credit cards in the past (the two questions they ask at the begining). Hope that helps.
nathanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #13
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Yes, it's a good deal. I got my PRS-600 this way. Great price. Yes, the $100 will appear as added to your CC account.
formerroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #14
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I'm with you! I bought the red 600 at full price because I'd like to keep the $100 off for the DE.
Whether you spend $299 & $299 or $199 & $399 you're still spending $598. Had you opened the card now you would've been assured that you were able to take advantage of the offer. On the other hand, maybe they'll have a better offer in December.

Last edited by SolRaven; 08-29-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typos
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #15
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Don't forget to cancel the card shortly after you get the 100$ credit.

That way, when you want to buy your next reader and they offer a similar deal, you can apply for a card all over again.

Too bad they don't offer this in Canada.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote