Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
DHR
DHR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original, Kobo Vox, iPad1, HP TouchPad, BB PlayBook
bug? Vox spontaneously wakes up, flashes display, sleeps again

My new Kobo Vox, with latest firmware update, sometimes wakes up and then goes to sleep again.

This is kind of disturbing because I have it beside my bed, and the light sometimes wakes me up. The duration is short so I haven't seen what it is displaying.

I wonder if this affects battery life significantly. Clearly that depends on what else it is doing while awake.

Do others see this?

Is there a good reason for this behaviour, or is it a bug?
DHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
This is a known issue discussed at length in many posts in older threads...if you want to know more, do a search about wake from sleep within this forum.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I've seen it happen. It's probably more common than we realize, since you're not watching, especially if you keep the Vox in a book cover. I don't see it as a problem, other than it likely drains the battery more than necessary.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
DHR
DHR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original, Kobo Vox, iPad1, HP TouchPad, BB PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
This is a known issue discussed at length in many posts in older threads...if you want to know more, do a search about wake from sleep within this forum.
Thanks!

Before I posted, I tried googling but didn't find anything. A likely reason: I didn't use the same words to describe the problem.

This mentions the bug: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163462

The Bug Catalog mentions "Wake From Sleep/'Sleep Death'" as the first bug but seems to mean something quite different and more serious.
DHR is offline   Reply With Quote