Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #31
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
OK I'll raise questions about cbr support.

In my experience CBR is far more common than CBZ. Though that might just be the circles I move in.
CBR support would be great. only about 10% of my archives are CBZ. Ido believe there is no native rar support which may be preventing this
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #32
harpum
Enthusiast
harpum began at the beginning.

Device: Axim 51v/LG chocolate
When I see big size Djvu file, viewer does not show whole page.(I cannot see the side of book.) And It has a lot of page. I cannot go out. Even turn off key does not work.
Only reset key works.
Thanks.
harpum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2007, 01:41 AM   #33
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat View Post
CBR support would be great. only about 10% of my archives are CBZ. Ido believe there is no native rar support which may be preventing this
It's very easy to convert them using WinRAR, rename the file ext from .cbr to .rar and then convert to .zip format and rename the .zip file to .cbz
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #34
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityloop View Post
It's very easy to convert them using WinRAR, rename the file ext from .cbr to .rar and then convert to .zip format and rename the .zip file to .cbz
I've compiled unrar and zip for the iLiad (see attached).

It shouldn't be difficult to write a script that will unrar the file on the iLiad and then zip it back up. Granted, that would need to be added to the er_registry.txt to automatically run when a .cbz file is selected. But maybe this will help someone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip zip.zip (40.6 KB, 511 views)
File Type: zip unrar.zip (98.9 KB, 529 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #35
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
As usual, nice porting Adam B. Keep it on!
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2007, 09:48 PM   #36
SpinozaQ
SpinozaQ began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
First I wanted to thank all the developers and all their hard work!

I was a little slow in getting started with my iLiad. I got it back in March, but I have just tonight got ssh running on it and checked out the Tao JVM. I missed the few days Mathijis was providing the shiny new re-flash ability. ( How would I know when I eventually get this through IDS ? )

Scotty. I was curious as to what testing environment you have set up to 'emulate' the iliad. I noticed the best way to run java is to hack on the runmobi.sh script. I remember reading something about you having a few test libraries that detect whether they are running on the iliad or not and if not pop up a window to act as the screen. Is there any way you could let me ..cough.. borrow those. I would really like to dive in and get some java apps together.

Thanks!
SpinozaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #37
irisevelyn
irisevelyn began at the beginning.

Hi,
I also want to thank you all for your hard work.
I have a problem with the djvu viewer, though. Whenever I want to display a djvu file, it claims the ebook is corrupted. I had this problem with four different files, all of which I can view on my computer without any problems.
Do you have any ideas what the problem could be?
The files ranged in size from 1.6 MB to 10 MB, it should be able to handle files of that size, shouldn't it?
Thanks!
irisevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #38
bigumpah
bigumpah began at the beginning.

Device: Axim 5V, Irex Iliad
Hi guys,

I'm a proud new owner of an Iliad. I installed the average Joe's Java Viewer Booster Pack version; however, none of my cbz files appear to work. Upon attempting to open a cbz file , I receive the message
"This Ebook is corrupted."
<ok>
"

After I saw the "Remove Mobipocket Viewer Booster Pack" which indicates a successful installation. I rebooted my Irex, only to get the message above when trying to open my comics.

Please note that I also have Shell Access and that my firmware is uptodate. I extracted the file contents in my Irex's root folder.

Have I neglected any steps? Do I need any companion files?
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
bigumpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:20 AM   #39
pitigrilli
pitigrilli began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Hi,
i have the same problem as irisevelyn and bigumpah. Any hints, what we are missing?
Thanks!
pitigrilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:30 AM   #40
Dojo
Dojo began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
I don't think these are actively supported by Scotty1024 any more...
Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:07 AM   #41
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
You will need to reboot to associate the new file types with the booster pack viewers.

Enjoy!
Just downlaod this "iliadviewer_02.zip" and install will enable iliad to read .djvu and .cbz files? Any prerequisite needed (such as Java VM)?
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:17 AM   #42
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

I checked ILIAD's directory, The "javadjvu.jar" is actually installed to the directory "intent"..But er_registry.txt is not under /etc. I don't know where it is. My ILIAD's firmware is v2.11.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #43
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
firmware 2.11 changed the registry to xml. You'll have to manually edit /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #44
ericshliao
Guru

Alright, I made it on my ILIAD (with firmware 2.11). The following is my steps:
1. Install emelFM2 in your sd card. Use it to copy "/home/intent/runmobi.sh" and /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml" to your sd card.
2. Edit the above two files on your PC. In "runmobi.sh", find a line begins with "JVMARGS", add a '#' in front of the line. Add a new line with the code prescribed by scotty1024. In "registry.xml", find the section for mobipocket (It starts with "<application type="MOBIPOCKET">"). In the sub-section "<supportFormat>", instert two lines:"<extName>cbz</extName>" and "<extName>djvu</extName>".
Note, if you use UltraEdit to edit, don't convert the two files to DOS format. I don't know what will happen if you do.
Save the two files in you sd card.
3. download scotty1024's "iliadviewers_0.2.zip". Unpack it to your sd card.
4. Insert the sd card back to your ILIAD. In the ContentLister, install iliadviewers_0.2. Use emelFM2 to copy "runmobi.sh" and "registry.xml" to their original dir.
5. Reboot. In ContentLister, click on .djvu or .cbz files. You should be able to read them now. The icons of .djvu and .cbz may still be marked with 'X', don't worry.
6. if you don't like the "X" icon for .djvu and .cbz file in the ContentLister, modify "registry.xml". Add:
<extensionInfo>
<associateApp>MOBIPOCKET</associateApp>
<extName>cbz</extName> <extIcon>/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png</extIcon>
</extensionInfo>

<extensionInfo>
<associateApp>MOBIPOCKET</associateApp>
<extName>djvu</extName> <extIcon>/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png</extIcon>
</extensionInfo>

I want to thank scotty1024 for his great work. His iliadviewers_02 solved most my problems. I have lots of comic stored in zip format. I don't want to spend time to convert them to pdf. So, I try to find a cbz viewer. I started from porting some linux apps. To do porting, I have to create a corss-compiling environment. I spent about one week to study cross-compiling. Pitifully, the only program I succeeded was my own "Hello World". Then I found this thread. Most of my requirement is fulfilled. Besides, as I am more familiar with Java, I may be able to create some apps for ILIAD users.

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-29-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #45
serge
Enthusiast
serge has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
Does anyone want DJVU/CBZ zoom
Having zoom would be very useful. It would also help to be able to view in the landscape mode. As of now, in addition to the document's margins, a gray frame is displayed which reduces the displayed page area. Some texts are unreadable - the font is so small.
serge is offline   Reply With Quote