Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #196
joelman
joelman began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Plans to support 1.1.01.25200

I just got the prs505 and I'm pretty bummed about the lack of unicode support. Are there any plans to support the latest version: 1.1.01.25200

I'd rather not downgrade.

TIA,
Joel
joelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:10 AM   #197
kbear
kbear is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505
I am trying to install new fonts, and I get the error "No space avaliable for making images. Try deleting some books." Needless to say. I have emptied the internal memory of the PRS-505

Is there a way to create the image in another partition (i.e. in the SD, or on my computer) instead of the PRS's internal memory?

I am not familiar with shell scripts, so I can't modify it myself. Can someone tell me how I can modify the script make_opt.sh to use the SD partition to create the image?
kbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:40 AM   #198
kbear
kbear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
I am trying to install new fonts, and I get the error "No space avaliable for making images. Try deleting some books." Needless to say. I have emptied the internal memory of the PRS-505

Is there a way to create the image in another partition (i.e. in the SD, or on my computer) instead of the PRS's internal memory?

I am not familiar with shell scripts, so I can't modify it myself. Can someone tell me how I can modify the script make_opt.sh to use the SD partition to create the image?
Found a way to fix the problem, by reflashing the original firmware on the PRS. It seems that repeated flashing with custom firmware was the cause of the problem.
kbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #199
ArnieNFW
ArnieNFW began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505C
Just got the PRS-505. I prefer de 6" (rather than the prs-300 5" or the 600 touch screen). But I was only able to get it from Germany (I'm Dutch). I would prefer the English or -if it exists- the Dutch menu-language.
The system has firmware 1.4.00.23260 Is there some way to get it to EN or NL with this firmware? And can someone help my through the process of doing this?
ArnieNFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #200
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
As I had a few issues restoring from a backup, it may be prudent to explain how to restore the image from the cramfs.Fsk and cramfs.Rootfs files that are created when you backup your firmware. I did spend a long time reading these forums but I missed it if it's identified anywhere

Out of interest, what is the cramfs.Fsk file as opposed to the cramfs.Rootfs file?

regards
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #201
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

If i use the universal flash 2.1, when the script run and press 4 or 5 depending on i want to do (restart image or create new image) appear the symbol prohibited next to the clock, and i can't nothing. If i use the version 2.0 instead of the 2.1 i can do what i want.
Thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #202
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
edit: nevermind, I found it using Google instead of local search.

Last edited by Clancy_s; 01-19-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #203
kerberosdelhades
kerberosdelhades began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Tested. Works great. Keep up the good work!
kerberosdelhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #204
magmafish
magmafish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Can I hack my PRS-600 or will it crash?
magmafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:34 AM   #205
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
magmafish
Quote:
Can I hack my PRS-600 or will it crash?
You can't.

pthwaite
cramfs.Fsk - Fsk partition (/opt)
cramfs.Rootfs - Rootfs partition (/)

afaik only PRS+ installer's advanced menu allows you to flash Rootfs.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #206
frodox
frodox began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500
is it possible to read text files with other languages (russian, turkish etc.) by adding font to the fonts directory in device? Does anyone help me? Thanks...
frodox is offline   Reply With Quote