Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cannot buy B&N ebook through alwaysvpn anymore?

Hi,

I used to purchase Nook and some ebooks by using Alwaysvpn connection.

Today I try to "purchase' a few free ebooks from B&N using the same way I did; the purchase gone through; but when I check in B&N Library, it says that the transaction cannot be completed and I cannot download those ebooks.

B&N also sent email to me telling that they cannot sell this item outside US!

Does B&N change the way they check the US address? Now they look at my credit card address instead of IP address?

Anyone experience the same problem recently?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Or maybe they found out that people are using alwaysvpn to circumvent the geographic restrictions and decided to explicitely exclude alwaysvpn IP addresses.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Any Alwaysvpn or hotspotshield users dare to test buying a free book?

Just to prove whether they block alwaysvpn ip or checking credit card country.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
I just did and had no problem. First time it was rejected, second time I could download it.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Did you test your connection with https://ssl.alwaysvpn.com/ip-check.php ?

Bye,

Dominik
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
bthoven
Evangelist

Quite strange, it used to work at my office PC; now it cannot.

It works with my home pc!.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Quite strange, it used to work at my office PC; now it cannot.

It works with my home pc!.

Maybe your work site has put some type of block on.. I know my work place has some strange set-ups ..

Such as I'm blocked from using forum sites ..but I can access this one and a couple of other Ebook type sites... makes me wonder is someone in the IT section is on this site
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote