Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
obsessed2
Edge User

Someone with a PE Please Check Entourage Store App

Something might be wrong with My Store App. Whenever I launched it before it would pop up 6 Icons which were used to access e-books, Apps etc. However, when I launch it now I'm not getting the Icons and it goes straight to the Entourage website. However, I cannot display any store content other than Support and Account information. Can someone with a PE confirm please confirm they are receiving these Icons when they launch the Store App. If so, does anybody no where to download the App. I have cleared the cache and deleted all data associated with the App and still the same result. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
rvcullen
Edge User

I just tried it and it worked okay for me. All 6 buttons and I can pull up books and such also. Hate to say, maybe only a factory reset may help? BTW, I have ermine version PE.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcullen View Post
I just tried it and it worked okay for me. All 6 buttons and I can pull up books and such also. Hate to say, maybe only a factory reset may help? BTW, I have ermine version PE.
Thanks. I would prefer to download and re-install the App first if at all possible because I'm uncertain of the consequences of a factory reset. Anybody know if the App is available and what happens when a factory reset is performed?

Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Thanks. I would prefer to download and re-install the App first if at all possible because I'm uncertain of the consequences of a factory reset. Anybody know if the App is available and what happens when a factory reset is performed?
Go to applications, manage, all and clear the data for store. That should fix it.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Go to applications, manage, all and clear the data for store. That should fix it.
Thanks. I tried that along with clearing the cache for the App and still no go. Any other ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I might just wait and see what happens with the website because I'm still unable to access with my PC so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe the server I'm using in VA is different then say the one you are using in NM.

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-30-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
obsessed2
Edge User

OK, maybe it isn't a problem with my Store App because when I Googled Entourage Edge Support I was able to get in through the back door to their website and look at the Support Page and My Account Information. The other tabs are available (e-books, Apps etc.) but clicking on them results in blank web pages. Clicking on Home resulted in me going to the Home page for a second or two and then "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." appeared. However, it would still be nice to know where to go to download individual Apps that shipped with the PE.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
OK, maybe it isn't a problem with my Store App because when I Googled Entourage Edge Support I was able to get in through the back door to their website and look at the Support Page and My Account Information. The other tabs are available (e-books, Apps etc.) but clicking on them results in blank web pages. Clicking on Home resulted in me going to the Home page for a second or two and then "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." appeared. However, it would still be nice to know where to go to download individual Apps that shipped with the PE.
Most of the time the only to get apps that were pre-installed back is to factory reset. My App manager doesn't even see them to make a backup.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
5thWiggle
Edge User

I don't think its a problem with your app, mine does the same. Store is also blank on my pc as well (same symptoms as yours). Possible somethings have been moved to new IPs and the changes haven't propigated through the all the routers yet?

Hooray! I can post again! I went down after two test posts. Frustrating.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
I don't think its a problem with your app, mine does the same. Store is also blank on my pc as well (same symptoms as yours). Possible somethings have been moved to new IPs and the changes haven't propigated through the all the routers yet?

Hooray! I can post again! I went down after two test posts. Frustrating.
I'm glad you can post too and can confirm I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Thanks for the reply because this was bothering me.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #10
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Most of the time the only to get apps that were pre-installed back is to factory reset. My App manager doesn't even see them to make a backup.
Wow, you would think they would make core Apps like the store available not only to Entourage owners but the general public. Just think if Barnes and Noble only catered to the Nook crowd. Thanks again for the info.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
IPossible somethings have been moved to new IPs and the changes haven't propigated through the all the routers yet?
Router convergence achieved and everything is back up and good to go.