Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
tippymn
tippymn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
New Member and Kindle 2 Owner

Well, title is a bit misleading...I have ordered the Kindle 2 but it won't be here until Tuesday. So in between studying I am reading all I can about my new toy.
I have been looking at the Kindle and other various readers for months, and when the new Kindle 2 came out I decided that I wanted it, so my two kids went together and bought it for me for my Mother's Day and Birthday presents. I can hardly wait for it to get here.
One thing that is getting me truly excited is that I have talked with my University and have opted to get my textbooks as ebooks instead of physical books. Phew!! Am tired of them stacking up. So being able to carry all my textbooks around in my purse just delights me to no end!! No more bookbag and sore shoulders!
I am trying to learn everything I can about this reader before Tuesday. I have already got books ordered and others on my computer ready to be put on my new Kindle.
I can hardly wait for Tuesday...it will be so hard to sit at work knowing that my new gadget will be waiting for me!!
I look forward to getting to know you here on the boards and maybe sharing some books, ideas and thoughts!
tippymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to MR, tippymn. I hope your text books work for you. Just be cautious because you'll find the various forums here to be addictive & it'll be hard to get your work done.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tippymn and welcome to the Forum.

Sound advice there from slayda. This Forum is as addictive as eBook readers.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hi tippymn, welcome to MobileRead. It is so cool that your University even has the ability to supply you with ebooks for your Kindle. Please let us know how it works for you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
tippymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Welcome to MR, tippymn. I hope your text books work for you. Just be cautious because you'll find the various forums here to be addictive & it'll be hard to get your work done.
This I know all too well. I am a gadget junkie and I spend too much time on boards for various items I already have. I just have to keep in mind...all things in moderation!
I am still deciding on what kind of cover to get. I have put in a request with Decalgirl to see if I can get them to make me decals for both my Treo Pro and my Kindle so they will match. I have matching decals for my laptop and my Zune. Until I decide on a cover I do have a zippered calendar planner case that will fit the Kindle until I decide. Right now I am on the fence between the Amazon Cover and the M-Edge Platform cover. Will just have to wait and see.
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hello tippymn and welcome to MobileRead

Were the textbooks as ebooks instead of physical books cheaper? I wish I could have had that option a few years ago
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
tippymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Hello tippymn and welcome to MobileRead

Were the textbooks as ebooks instead of physical books cheaper? I wish I could have had that option a few years ago
I am not sure about the cost. I do long distance learning and my books are included in the tution cost.

I have looked online for the books that I have and they seem to be pretty much the same cost.