Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #3631
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolshades View Post
i have not got the FFDL to work on my Windows PC. when i enter the link (from one of the supported sites) in the application and press check, or check and download, nothing happens at all.

i want a Mobi output.
That sounds like you may not have a valid story URL. What is the URL you're trying to use?
Old 01-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #3632
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New test version with some additional error reporting of custom column setting errors. Primarily for a user over on the Google Group who's having a problem.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-08-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 01:48 AM   #3633
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi I recieved this error message when I tried to download a story from ff.net

Quote:
<urlopen error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9307901/1/
I'm not sure if ff.net changed their settings or if their host is just slow at the moment.

EDIT: ff.net appears to be working now!

Last edited by Amalthia; 01-07-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #3634
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi I recieved this error message when I tried to download a story from ff.net

I'm not sure if ff.net changed their settings or if their host is just slow at the moment.

EDIT: ff.net appears to be working now!
Yeah, I saw that for a while last night, too. Seems to be working again.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #3635
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Hi
I am also getting the error stated above. But it is intermittent. I tried to update a bunch of in progress stories and got that on some, others updated fine, and then I also got this: "<urlopen error [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9882159/1/"

I was also getting something about a handshake not working last night. All this started yesterday as far as I can see. And FFDL Standalone worked on the error'd stories but much slower than normal.

I don't know if it is anything you can do something about. I just hope it isn't something that continues. I couldn't download a story I was waiting for that finished yesterday. :P (I got it eventually after 5 tries)

And Thanks so much for this great program. I really love it. Though I think it has me spoiled now.
Advert
Old 01-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #3636
FicReader81
FicReader81 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellachanted View Post
Hi
I am also getting the error stated above. But it is intermittent. I tried to update a bunch of in progress stories and got that on some, others updated fine, and then I also got this: "<urlopen error [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9882159/1/"

I was also getting something about a handshake not working last night. All this started yesterday as far as I can see. And FFDL Standalone worked on the error'd stories but much slower than normal.

I don't know if it is anything you can do something about. I just hope it isn't something that continues. I couldn't download a story I was waiting for that finished yesterday. :P (I got it eventually after 5 tries)

And Thanks so much for this great program. I really love it. Though I think it has me spoiled now.
I am experiencing similar issues both with the calibre plugin and the FFDownloader program. Downloading stories is way too slow and I am also receiving error messages similar to above on the calibre plugin. Is this a problem with FF.net? Because the website (And stories on it) seem to load perfectly fine for me, but their have been issues with both Calibre and FFDownloader since the last 2 days. I would appreciate any help/info on this.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #3637
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version that has a fix for a problem with autoconvert output format being the same as format generated and getting deleted.

Also has longer delays between fetches when there are network failures.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-09-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #3638
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI, I stopped seeing problems with ffnet sometime yesterday, both in my own use and in the logs of the web service.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #3639
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

This is a new test version that adds more ini error checking. It's not perfect, but it will warn you about a number of possible issues.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-12-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #3640
avidreader22
avidreader22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is it possible for the output file to not set everything to left justify? I'm downloading from FF net and want to preserve the original alignment. I've looked through the settings for the plugin and calibre, I can't see what I'm doing wrong?

In calibre's common options I have text justification set to original.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #3641
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidreader22 View Post
Is it possible for the output file to not set everything to left justify? I'm downloading from FF net and want to preserve the original alignment. I've looked through the settings for the plugin and calibre, I can't see what I'm doing wrong?
It depends on how the alignment is being set in the original story.

Are you talking about part of a story that was aligned differently? If so, which story (URL) and what part?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #3642
avidreader22

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7846071/16/Into-Thin-Air

The first section of the chapter should be centre aligned. Also the custom scene breaks should be centre aligned, but everything is coming out left justified.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #3643
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Release

Version 2.1.02 - 12 Jan 2015
  • Color coding, find text and some error checking of personal.ini edits.
  • Add universe & crossoverfandom site-specific to ksarchive.
  • Fixes for FimF, thanks FaceDeer.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #3644
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidreader22 View Post
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7846071/16/Into-Thin-Air

The first section of the chapter should be centre aligned. Also the custom scene breaks should be centre aligned, but everything is coming out left justified.
For that story, you can use the keep_style_attr option in personal.ini:

Code:
## for all sites:
[defaults]
keep_style_attr:true

## or for ffnet only:
[fanfiction.net]
keep_style_attr:true
By default FFDL strips style attributes to create more uniform output.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #3645
avidreader22

All sorted now. Thanks!
Closed Thread