Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:58 PM   #3586
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatLibraryRat View Post
Thank you for creating this useful plugin!
Glad you like it.

Quote:
I have a weird problem with it lately.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialogs", line 610, in do_loop
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xfb in position 41: invalid start byte
Unfortunately, that's a UTF8 decoding error that's occurring in the error handling code as tries to tell you what the problem is. So it's not actually saying where the problem is at all.

But one fairly strong candidate for problem is incorrectly encoded UTF8 in the source story. If you can post the URL for the particular story that causes this it would help a lot.

Quote:
It's most annoying when trying to check the update of my extensive (a little over 800) library.
I strongly discourage FFDL users from using this plugin to check for updates on large numbers of stories. That causes a lot of extra network traffic on the fanfic sites and costs them and you (if you have limited Internet).

Instead, I suggest that you go to the sites you read stories from and subscribe (or follow, or alert; whatever the sites call it) the authors or stories you read so that you get an email when there are updates and then update only the stories that have updates. You can update existing books by dragging or copying the story URLs as if they were new.

Quote:
Also, does anyone know how to create a column to see witch epub was created with FanFictionDownloader or not?
It would help with my management =)
By default, FFDL adds the tag 'FanFiction' to most of its output books. You can also look at the Publisher field for fanfic site names.

FFDL has a tab in its config dedicated to setting values into custom columns for you. If none of those will work for you, look for the comments with the custom_columns_settings setting in defaults.ini (button at the bottom of personal.ini tab).
Old 12-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #3587
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile
mehetabelo began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 1-3, Kobo AuraHD, Boox Afterglow2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I strongly discourage FFDL users from using this plugin to check for updates on large numbers of stories. That causes a lot of extra network traffic on the fanfic sites and costs them and you (if you have limited Internet).

Instead, I suggest that you go to the sites you read stories from and subscribe (or follow, or alert; whatever the sites call it) the authors or stories you read so that you get an email when there are updates and then update only the stories that have updates. You can update existing books by dragging or copying the story URLs as if they were new.
You wouldn't happen to know an easy way to mass-add alerts in fanfiction.net would you? I used to have a link that I could just insert the story ID, but I can't find it anywhere, and they've changed the site so much that I can't figure out what it is, or if there even is a way to do it anymore.

My issue is I download fanfics onto my reader, and then don't even get online for weeks at a time. So, right now I'm spending an hour or more adding books to my follow list when I'm back in town.

If there isn't a link, don't worry about it. I do use ff.net for follows currently, your comment just made me wonder if you (or anyone else) might have an easier way, such as the link I used to use.

What I figured on doing is making a catalog of the links to the stories I want to add, stripping out everything but the ID, then adding the ID to the link that adds it to follows/updates whatever ff.net calls it. That process, and using a plugin that opens lists, would turn my hour + process into a few minutes.

Last edited by mehetabelo; 12-16-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Advert
Old 12-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #3588
McHunter
Connoisseur
McHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enough

Device: PB TL2 /PB TL3 (M) STOLEN/ PB SURFpad 3 (7.85") / thl T11
Unhappy FFDL 2.1.0 not stable on XP and other Bugs...

Hello,

Is ist possible to get somewhere the version 2.0.10 or older, because the current 2.1.0 does not work for me on XP with Calibre 1.48 , it crasches with the following error:

"calibre worker process hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden."
=
"caliber worker process has encountered a problem and needs to close."

here is what calibre shows on the fail:
---
FanFiction-Buch herunterladen
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(36):FanFictionDownLoader v2.1.0
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(40):Adding jobs for URLs:
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(42):http://www.hpfanficarchive.com/stori...y.php?sid=1249
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(78):Logfile for book ID 3381 (260 Going on 16 Uncensored)
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(79):url:(http://www.hpfanficarchive.com/stori...y.php?sid=1249) id:(3381)
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.jobs(131):cookiejar:<_LWPCookieJar.LWPCookieJ ar[<Cookie PHPSESSID=32c9b00a28f1e3044d4d9db3c016fae3 for www.hpfanficarchive.com/>]>
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_hpfanficarc hivecom(82):URL: http://www.hpfanficarchive.com/stori...y.php?sid=1249
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.base_adapter(292):# ####################################
pagecache MISS: http://www.hpfanficarchive.com/stori...y.php?sid=1249

Python function terminated unexpectedly
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 139, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.jobs" , line 83, in do_download_worker
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.jobs" , line 83, in <lambda>
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
---

on Win7 with Calibre 2.12.0 it runs whitout the crash, but it sometimes makes epubs that are unreadable on an Pocketbook PB626 with FW4.4.

As for the new added chapters there is only the title visible an the rest of it seem blank, when i use thry to go to the next page it goes to the next chapter which is some pages away (see the pics and the ePub).

The problem is regardless of whether you use the AdobeViewer or the fbreader.

In the build-in reader of Calibre it shows fine.

In the MOBI with the fbreader format it works.

Mfg. McHunter@gmx.net
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0001.bmp (380.1 KB, 182 views)
File Type: bmp scr0002.bmp (380.1 KB, 174 views)
Attached Files
File Type: epub 260 Going on 16 Uncensored - SciFiFantasyWriter1.epub (170.5 KB, 174 views)
Old 12-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #3589
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHunter View Post
Is ist possible to get somewhere the version 2.0.10 or older, because the current 2.1.0 does not work for me on XP with Calibre 1.48 , it crasches with the following error:
Attached is 2.0.10. It is *not* a new version.

I won't have time to look at this issue in any detail until tomorrow evening at the earliest. And even then, I can only look at calibre 1.48 on newer versions of windows.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-30-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:00 AM   #3590
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile

This may or may not factor into the problem, but over the last week I've noticed some really weird failures with hpfanficarchive ... sometimes it works fine, sometimes it times out. This happens at work, on my phone, at home, and connected to my vpn at home, so it's not just my computer. (at least 4 different computers, 2 being used at home).

I've even had the downloader give me an error, then when I run it a second time it works fine. This is specific to hpfanficarchive. I did notice it's working better (not perfect yet) the last 2 days, but it's still a bit buggy.
Advert
Old 12-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #3591
McHunter
Connoisseur
McHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enough

Device: PB TL2 /PB TL3 (M) STOLEN/ PB SURFpad 3 (7.85") / thl T11
Quote:
Attached is 2.0.10. It is *not* a new version.

I won't have time to look at this issue in any detail until tomorrow evening at the earliest. And even then, I can only look at calibre 1.48 on newer versions of windows.
thanxs, this version works good, and the ePub is "readable"...

Mfg. McHunter@gmx.net
Old 12-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #3592
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Any idea why this story: https://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin....php?sid=38803 is giving me the following error:

Code:
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
time data '' does not match format '%m/%d/%y'
https://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin....php?sid=38803
I can open the story in my browser without an issue so I'm not sure what to do. I've had other stories kick back errors on squidge before but usually if I try again they go through with no problem. This one won't.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #3593
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehetabelo View Post
This may or may not factor into the problem, but over the last week I've noticed some really weird failures with hpfanficarchive ... sometimes it works fine, sometimes it times out. This happens at work, on my phone, at home, and connected to my vpn at home, so it's not just my computer. (at least 4 different computers, 2 being used at home).
That suggests that the site (hpfanficarchive) is being flakey.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #3594
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
Any idea why this story: https://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin....php?sid=38803 is giving me the following error:
I've no idea why, but the site is injecting a Google Analytics script block in before the Updated date. For that one particular story. The adapter wasn't expecting it, so it choked.

Attached is a test version that fixes it--but only if the GA block is inserted in Updated. If they're randomly inserting it in pages, it will need more work.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-19-2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #3595
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile

Quote:
That suggests that the site (hpfanficarchive) is being flakey.
I know, I was just pointing it out, to suggest it may not be a problem with the plugin. Though, given the older version seems to work fine *shrug*. I noticed the site was being iffy again today.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #3596
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Quote:
I've no idea why, but the site is injecting a Google Analytics script block in before the Updated date. For that one particular story. The adapter wasn't expecting it, so it choked.

Attached is a test version that fixes it--but only if the GA block is inserted in Updated. If they're randomly inserting it in pages, it will need more work.
Thanks, Jimm! That fixed it.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #3597
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehetabelo View Post
I know, I was just pointing it out, to suggest it may not be a problem with the plugin. Though, given the older version seems to work fine *shrug*. I noticed the site was being iffy again today.
Sorry, I didn't realize your point.

hpfanficarchive.com isn't working for me at all. So I'm going to ignore this as a site problem. Check again a few days or weeks later.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #3598
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
For some reason, the front page of http://hpfanficarchive.com/ where it asks "are you old enough?" sends you to http://www.hpfanficarchive.com/stories/, which doesn't work. Take off the "www" part, though, and it looks like it's working okay: http://hpfanficarchive.com/stories/
Old 12-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #3599
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceDeer View Post
For some reason, the front page of http://hpfanficarchive.com/ where it asks "are you old enough?" sends you to http://www.hpfanficarchive.com/stories/, which doesn't work. Take off the "www" part, though, and it looks like it's working okay: http://hpfanficarchive.com/stories/
www.hpfanficarchive.com is what the adapter was coded to use as the canonical URL.

The attached version removes the www and appears to work for me.

It also fixes a problem with HTML comments ending up nested that is probably the cause of McHunter's problems with epub readability.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-27-2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #3600
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I feel it's around the right time of the year to tell you how much I appreciate you working on this plugin again, Jimm. Thanks for your tireless efforts and support!
Closed Thread