Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #31
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I believe you could do bulk edit - select all the newly-added books and swap the names. Try it first with 2-3 books. (Select them and hit 'E')

What I know is that after bulk edit lastly-added books won't be anymore on the top position. So if there's any individual changes to be done, better make them first.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
What I know is that after bulk edit lastly-added books won't be anymore on the top position.
They will if you sort by the "Date Added" column.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They will if you sort by the "Date Added" column.
Harry
Also
They will be at the bottom when you START Calibre if you have NO default sort tweak set (Natural order, AKA: {ID} order). Calibre has no 'No Sort' button, so you only see this 1 time each start.

This will no longer be true if you move books between Libraries when a new (Library) {id} is assigned
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Quote:
I believe you could do bulk edit - select all the newly-added books and swap the names. Try it first with 2-3 books. (Select them and hit 'E')

What I know is that after bulk edit lastly-added books won't be anymore on the top position. So if there's any individual changes to be done, better make them first.
Do me a big favour and lead me through this
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Use the Quality Check Plugin.

to fix the metadata (full library scope)

Fix Ln, FN (You configure your preference)
and
Reformat Author Initials (also configured)
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #36
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Bulk Edit:
Select several books
Right-click >Edit metadata >Edit metadata in bulk. Or simply hit 'e' on the keyboard.

It is an easy way to get the same data (like Author) into many books.

I just noticed that gremlins have misplaced my Quality Check icon.
Too many plugins...
Old 04-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Bulk Edit:
Select several books
Right-click >Edit metadata >Edit metadata in bulk. Or simply hit 'e' on the keyboard.

It is an easy way to get the same data (like Author) into many books.

I just noticed that gremlins have misplaced my Quality Check icon.
Too many plugins...
Look for arrows near the Right edge.

I use the second toolbar to reduce icon crowding.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #38
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

For a while I used the optional menu bar to reduce icon crowding, but have since moved to using either the Favourites plugin or the Right-click context menu for most of the things I do. I just keep a few icons on the main toolbar now.

One thing I love about this program is the ability to customize it to suit your style.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_favourites.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	104506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_right_click_context_menu.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	104507   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	104508  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-17-2013 at 02:38 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 AM   #39
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

But isn't that to change many books by the same author? Lots of mine are short stories by different authors.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:22 AM   #40
book64
Love reading

Red face

Quote:
Use the Quality Check Plugin.

to fix the metadata (full library scope)

Fix Ln, FN (You configure your preference)
and
Reformat Author Initials (also configured)
Downloaded this plug in as suggested but can't seem to figure it out at all.
Have got 1,500 books now. Mostly epubs which are fine.... author FN LN. Its the kindle ones that are the wrong way round. Don't want to mess up the organised part of my library though
Old 04-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #41
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Have got 1,500 books now. Mostly epubs which are fine.... author FN LN. Its the kindle ones that are the wrong way round. Don't want to mess up the organised part of my library though
Once installed select all of the books you want to reverse the FN, LN then use the plugin to accomplish this, see attached.

Your Quality check plugin is probably in a different location than mine but the menus for the plugin are the same.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swap-ln-fn.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	104509  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-17-2013 at 03:33 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #42
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Once configured (the various rules for Author) :
It makes the CALIBRE (Library) metadata all the same way (gets rid of the mixed up formatting). So this is not about 'Kindle books'. It is about some books being Fn Ln and others Ln, Fn or Fn I Ln and Fn I. Ln
It is call consistency by Humans, normalized by database folk

Note: This only fixes The Library. This does not (directly) affect the book that is stored. That may need updating (Using Send to Device will insert the latest as it sends)
Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #43
travger
Evangelist

Quote:

No arrow near any edge, and there's room for one more icon.

Just removed a less-used icon from toolbar, but lost one is still gone
Oh, well, one of life's little mysteries. Maybe it started to feel neglected.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #44
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
A somewhat gratuitous comment from me - it may help if any of you "upgrade" to Win8...

On Win 8, Kindle is an app rather than a programme. After downloading books from my Amazon account with the app, I could not find the new Kindle files in My Kindle Content (or anywhere come to that). In addition, even though I had the necessary plugins installed, they did not do what they were meant to do, so newly downloaded Kindle books would not open in Calibre.

After a degree of frustration and puzzlement, I downloaded Kindle for PC - the programme, not the app. It works fine with Win8, so the app is quite unnecessary. Once using Kindle for PC, all problems were solved. Just a heads up...
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #45
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Try searching your hd for the Amazon ASIN. I do not have a Win 8 system , so can not try it myself.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskinny View Post
A somewhat gratuitous comment from me - it may help if any of you "upgrade" to Win8...

On Win 8, Kindle is an app rather than a programme. After downloading books from my Amazon account with the app, I could not find the new Kindle files in My Kindle Content (or anywhere come to that). In addition, even though I had the necessary plugins installed, they did not do what they were meant to do, so newly downloaded Kindle books would not open in Calibre.

After a degree of frustration and puzzlement, I downloaded Kindle for PC - the programme, not the app. It works fine with Win8, so the app is quite unnecessary. Once using Kindle for PC, all problems were solved. Just a heads up...
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote