Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #46
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Next thing you know they will be printing them on toilet paper so you can read right before you wipe.
Depending on the book that might be an improvement. Besides we'd have come full circle. People used to use last yrs catalog that way. It's 1910 just use the 1909 catalog when your done and in the meanwhile you can look through it and see what you couldn't afford to buy last year. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #47
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
am I the only one that likes rereading before I get the author's next book? That way I get back in the mindset of that author's style and stories.
Don't you find that a lot of authors do that for you? Personally, I get fed up of reading series where each book spends page after page reminding you of what happened in earlier books.

I suppose from the author's viewpoint, it does mean that what would have been a five book deal becomes a six book one.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #48
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediax View Post
Don't you find that a lot of authors do that for you? Personally, I get fed up of reading series where each book spends page after page reminding you of what happened in earlier books.
It is very annoying. I bought a trilogy and the first 200 pages of the second and third books were just explaining what happened before, and the main character's feeling about what happened before.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #49
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's a way to fill in the book without having to create new material. I don't like that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
It is very annoying. I bought a trilogy and the first 200 pages of the second and third books were just explaining what happened before, and the main character's feeling about what happened before.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #50
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I think that level of rehashing the older materiel is a way to get new readers on board a series where a lot of potential readers may not understand the reading order. I have found that books in the mack bolan books tend to do this a fare amount of time. This is simply because its such a big group of books that it takes a potential reader several years to get up to the current point when you start at the begining, thus a lot of readers tend to start with the latest book without going back to the begining, War against the mafia.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #51
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I found that with the Jean Auel Clan of the Cave bear books.

I think, for an author who takes 8-15 years between sequels, she'd remember that her readers have had time to memorize the books by the time the next one comes out
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote