Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
A. B. Syed
A. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle on ipad
Children's Books: The Adventures of Bruno Penny and Simon Cup's Box

Dear All,

I am new so, Hello!
Right, now can I jump straight in with my shameless self-promotion.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A.-B.-Syed/e..._athr_dp_pel_1

I have two children's books out at the moment:

The Adventures of Bruno Penny are about Bruno who wants desperately to be a detective, but he just can't manage to get it right! Poor Bruno! Norbert de Strangle outsmarts him at every turn.

The second is about clumsy Simon Cup who ends up making a wonderful box in his school woodwork lesson.

I would like to incentivise readers by offering free e-copies of these books if people leave me honest reviews of my work on Amazon. I do not see this as a bribe, more as a marketing strategy. Please, only honest reviews wanted.

I will email books out to people if you send me your details.

(no email address will be kept or used in any way other than for the purpose stated)
A. B. Syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead.

Your thread will now be used solely for these two titles.

Read our Posting Guidelines for self-promotion (link below) and HAVE FUN!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
A. B. Syed
A. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-books

Thanks Dr. Drib,

I did read through the guidelines and stuff, (honest!)

I will send copies out later today,
Old 07-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
A. B. Syed

Wonderful review received for The Adventures of Bruno Penny

Couldn't put it down, read it with my cornflakes! 18 July 2012
By Foundhisscare
Format:Paperback
I am a fan of crime novels so I thought I would give this new author A.B. Syed a try.

Bruno Penny is a typical 10 year old boy who like many schoolchildren, is dreading the long Summer holiday
stretching out before him. Particularly so since his sister Emma has gone to stay with a friend;
("How come Emms can make friends so easily with people who live far away!......I'm not even allowed a computer in my own bedroom ...its soooo not fair!"). Although fortunately for Bruno his friend Milo Shot lives only 1 floor above.

Amazingly, while Bruno is sulkily contemplating his bowl of cereal one morning, his father reads in the local paper that there has been a robbery at the local museum in Knesington Square. This was a special exhibition organised by the curator Carl Rosenfled, of rare and expensive art treasures including" the famous painting by the celebrated artist Hugo van Cough..... who while going through his depressed period even shaved off his own eyebrow!!!!"

Bruno, whose hero is the great detective Sherlock Holmes, is very excited about this and sets out to catch the dastardly criminals himself. Accompanied begrudgingly, at first, by his friend Milo, (he has other plans for the holiday!!!!?????) and his pet rabbit Dr. Watson (who else!), Bruno sets off on a series of red herrings and adventures. Milo discoves that computers not only have chips but fried chicken and ice cream too!! No chilli sauce Milo!!

Who is the mysterious Norbert de Strangle? Who is the new tenant on the top floor with the domineering personality and faint smell of glue?

Written in a straight forward, no nonsense style, "Bruno Penny .." is full of jokes, believable characters evil villains and technological gadgetry to make even James Bond jealous. It is the ideal antidote for your pre teens on a couple of wet afternoons. I will definitely be looking out for other work from this author.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
A. B. Syed

The Adventures of Bruno Penny are free to download again

US link:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Adventures...of+bruno+penny

UK link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventures-B...0304708&sr=8-1

There has been a great US review received for this book

A Great Kid and a Good Story October 10, 2012
By Pop Bop
Format:Kindle Edition|
Amazon Verified Purchase
There are three books by A. B. Syed in the Amazon Kindle store. "Zodiac Shmodiac" is a fantasy with a few nice twists, and "Simon Cup's Box" is an amusing middle grade school days sort of story that's started off with a fantasy angle. I like them both and appreciate the author's light touch. But, while they are amusing stories, the characters aren't terribly memorable. Not so with this volume, which is most definitely my favorite of the three.

Somewhere I read that Syed wanted to write this book about a boy who was completely normal in every way - with no superpowers or magical abilities or fantastical allies or anything of that sort. Starting with that, she has created a wonderfully engaging character. Bruno Penny is a nice kid. He's smart and energetic. He wants to be a great detective some day and so he's always looking for a good mystery to solve. He's inquisitive and observant. He has a magnifying glass and a slightly dense pal who enthusiastically assumes the sidekick role. And get this, he has parents who are smart and grown up, and he likes them and listens to them. He's polite to neighbors, patient, and generous, but he's not an odd goody-two-shoes. He does goofy age appropriate things, but he's always on the alert for adventure and thrilling escapades.

I enjoyed following him around during his thrilling adventure. I imagine young readers would enjoy making his acquaintance. The whole exercise is just cheerful and exciting and interesting enough that I don't see why they wouldn't.

And, the author doesn't try to have it both ways. There aren't any ironic or sarcastic minor notes hidden in the text to demonstrate that the author is really too hip for this sort of thing, (like, say, with Lemony Snicket). The story is unashamedly what it is. And it helps that the author has a decent command of language, understands complex sentences, and has a certain flair for the telling description. So, along with a story your middle grader actually is also exposed to a good, fluid writing style.

I just don't see how it gets much better than that.

Could I ask that if you read it and like it, then could you please take the time to write a review? Reviews are actually more precious than gold dust and you would not believe the waves of love which reach out to reviewers
Not asking for a good one, just one.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
A. B. Syed

Enter the Competition Here!

I'm starting a competition today which will run until next Monday - 7th of July -which is my birthday

This is an excerpt from one of my books:

“Ah, there you are Henrietta,” Mrs. Butterworth said. She had not taken her hat off even though she was seated primly on the edge of the sofa with her bag by her side on the floor. “I was beginning to wonder whether there was anyone else here.” She gave a little tinkling laugh.
“Please, call me Henny,” Henny said. “Everyone does you know. Only my Mum used to call me Henrietta when she was cross with me.” She gave a little nervous laugh and then immediately a little frown as her brain caught up with what her mouth had just said and wondered why on earth she had just said that.
“My dear, surely you don’t mean that you are known as Henny Penny?” Mrs. Butterworth gave a little laugh. “You’ll be telling me next that the sky is falling down.”
Bruno was starting to not like Mrs. Butterworth. He stood looking at her with a grim look on his face.
“Oh no, that was Chicken Licken.” Henny found that now that she was trapped in this conversation, she could not find any way out. It was not going at all how she had imagined it would go. She suddenly remembered that in fact, Henny Penny was another form of the same story about the little chicken who rushed around telling everyone that the sky was going to fall because something like a leaf or acorn or something falls on its head.
Why had no-one ever mentioned this to her before?

If you can find out which chapter of which book this is from, then send me a message. Two winners will be randomly drawn on Tuesday and will EACH win a £25 Amazon gift voucher.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by A. B. Syed; 07-03-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #7
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Happy birthday!
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 AM   #8
A. B. Syed

Thank you very much Froide!

There was one winner of the competition who won a £25 Amazon voucher

Thanks

Tags
books, childrens, fantasy, free, win