Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
LynnO
LynnO is on a distinguished road

Device: nook, color nook, droid 2
Updating to phiremod 7.1 questions

First of all, I bought a card that i just plugged into my nook color that roots for me. You may think I'm dumb and lazy, but I took into account how much time it would take, and how much the preinstalled card would cost, and how many hours I would have to work to make the money to pay for the card, and purchased. Plus just trying to keep the economy going.

I read all the directions for dyi, but the first set of instruction- flashing an image on the card- what does that even mean? Anyhow, I'm an engineer so I'm not unused to computers. But in the end I didn't understand it enough to feel comfortable.

OK, as if anyone cares about all that. In the last week, my nook told me there was a phiremod update available. I download, after 2 or 3 days of trying different things, I figure out how to boot into the right part of clockwork mod (which I updated through the app store). But, I guess I don't have the update in the right place. It isn't finding anything when it looks for the file. Do I have to use my computer to download the update to my card? Or do I need to move the update from one place to another using my computer? Or am I too clueless and should stick with my 6.3 version? (but that version eats the battery)

And if someone wants to take a quick crack at explaining the card making instructions (not the step by step) but an overview of what the heck you are doing - in non-computer science english I'd be forever in their debt.

And oh, last question. If I decide I want to use a card with more storage, is there a way to just copy from one card to the other- using my computer of course. You know, like select everything on the current card and pasting to the second?

Thanks for indulging me. Love you guys but you are way too prolific for me to keep up- all of mobile reads, not just this sections.

ETA I have had a lot of trouble getting to the blog page of the update, not sure why. So trying to figure this out on there wasn't working for me.

Last edited by LynnO; 11-03-2011 at 08:30 PM.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote