Old 07-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
donovanh
Enthusiast
donovanh began at the beginning.

Sony Reader review added

Hey all,

Just thought I'd share a review I posted today on shopireland:

http://www.shopireland.ie/news/sony-reader-review/

I'm sure there aren't too many readers in Ireland yet (though I've noticed several on these boards.. guess you never know)

Cheers,

Donovan
donovanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Nicely done - you've mentioned many of the dominant....

issues, concerns, and sucesses that we've expressed here about the Sony Reader. I like the fact you mention that it fits seamlessly into your life. That's been my experience, too, and is a nicely telling tribute about how 'acceptable' it is for those who view reading as an important choice in one's lifestyle.

Like you, I too, look forward to the future of this technology. There seems to be a maturing across the board in many electronic technologies lately.

Thank you for sharing your writing.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovanh View Post
Hey all,

Just thought I'd share a review I posted today on shopireland:

http://www.shopireland.ie/news/sony-reader-review/

I'm sure there aren't too many readers in Ireland yet (though I've noticed several on these boards.. guess you never know)

Cheers,

Donovan

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-18-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
canicula
Enthusiast
canicula doesn't littercanicula doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovanh View Post
Well, I'm in Belfast. I've been using my Reader for about a month. Just put some thoughts and a small video up at:

http://www.canicula.com/wp/?p=297

I'm off to San Francisco again in September for VMworld. Need to stock up on Connect Store scratch cards from Borders

Ian
canicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
Canicula,

You have my curiosity raised. Being a Sony Reader owner outside the US and not being able to just walk into a Borders, just what are these scratch cards?

Hughdal
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:50 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Gift certificates for the Connect Store. Enter the voucher number into your account on the store and you can use it. Bypasses the problem of the store normally only working with US credit cards.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
donovanh
Enthusiast
donovanh began at the beginning.

Thanks for the replies

Canicula.. that's a cool video overview. It's great to know the reader's making progress on this side of the water. Hope the trip to San Fran goes well!

Don, Thank you for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the review.

Cheers,

Donovan
donovanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:19 AM   #7
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
HarryT,

Thanks for the tip (or is it voucher). I've got the credit line from a relative there so I'm all right but hey, my birthday's only 10 months away.

Hughdal
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:51 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are people on this forum (eg "Leaping Gnome") who are kind enough to buy Connect Gift Certifications for people outside the US. Send him a PM if you're interested - you pay him for them via PayPal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote