Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Kobo 4.3" Color Pocket Reader $19.99

A really good price on the little Kobo ER430 Slick 4.3" Color reader with 2GB Storage & microSD Slot.

Not sure if this is the right spot to share, but figured I would pass on the info. Its a limited time offer, with only 11 hours left as of this posting, but worth a look if anyone is currently thinking about a ereader and wants something inexpensive to start out with! I imagine it is not as good as a Kindle or a Nook, but if you wanted something just to try out before really shelling out bigger chunk of money it could be worth a try.

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 04-20-2014 at 02:18 PM.
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Nice..ty, been looking for a good inexpensive gift and backup up for my backup lol
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It's not made by Kobo. It is a Chinese knock off product.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It's not made by Kobo. It is a Chinese knock off product.
good to know
Old 10-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #5
gtoal
gtoal began at the beginning.

Device: Slick ER430
Don't waste your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
A really good price on the little Kobo ER430 Slick 4.3" Color reader with 2GB Storage & microSD Slot.

Not sure if this is the right spot to share, but figured I would pass on the info. Its a limited time offer, with only 11 hours left as of this posting, but worth a look if anyone is currently thinking about a ereader and wants something inexpensive to start out with! I imagine it is not as good as a Kindle or a Nook, but if you wanted something just to try out before really shelling out bigger chunk of money it could be worth a try.

Amy
I bought two, which arrived today; one for my wife and one for myself. One of the two won't take a charge and has to be sent back. (Hopefully the new Amazon-owned Woot is better at taking returns than the old woot was... if they took them at all, you had to pay return shipping even for things that just plain were broken and never worked. Like this.)

The other already shows software problems and I haven't even loaded a book yet. The font size change on the built-in books doesn't work, and at one point various menu selections highlighted but didn't do anything when tapped. Cleared up after a power-off.

You get about 4 words per line with the default non-resizable font. Really not worth the effort. I'd read it in landscape but that doesn't appear to be an option.

And so far I haven't found any replacement firmware. For $15 it would make a nice touch-screen linux... I'll let you know if I can find a way in to it.

Graham
gtoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:45 AM   #6
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoal View Post
I bought two, which arrived today; one for my wife and one for myself. One of the two won't take a charge and has to be sent back. (Hopefully the new Amazon-owned Woot is better at taking returns than the old woot was... if they took them at all, you had to pay return shipping even for things that just plain were broken and never worked. Like this.)

The other already shows software problems and I haven't even loaded a book yet. The font size change on the built-in books doesn't work, and at one point various menu selections highlighted but didn't do anything when tapped. Cleared up after a power-off.

You get about 4 words per line with the default non-resizable font. Really not worth the effort. I'd read it in landscape but that doesn't appear to be an option.

And so far I haven't found any replacement firmware. For $15 it would make a nice touch-screen linux... I'll let you know if I can find a way in to it.

Graham
I know to expect some time for shipping, but I gotta say...that's a bit to much to accept. WOW

Tags
ereader, kobo, sale price