Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
What's the .NOTE format that DR800 uses for saved notes..?

If I take notes on the DR800 and transfer it to my PC, how can I open the files and save them as a more conventional format.
The format of the notes seems to be .NOTE --- not a format that I am familiar with and a quick search produced nothing.

What I really want to do is to take the handwritten notes and run them through some handwriting recognition software and produce typed text notes.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The iRex software doesn't support importing notes to a PC yet. I believe some 3rd party developers were working on a solution as well.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
Ride
Ride began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
It used to be the MyScript Notes format from VisionObjects [www.visionobjects.com] that was used on the DR1000S. iRex used to sell it in the IREX Shop in the early DR1000S days.

However, Vision Objects has moved on from MyScript Notes to the MyScript Studio [MyScript Studio (Click here)]. You should be able to use the Notes Edition; I'm still using the old version I got with my DR1000S when it first came out. In any case, you can get a free trial version to be sure it works. Let me know if it does work as I may upgrade.

MyScript is really good, it does a lot of lanuages; even complex ones like the two Chinese variants. It only takes a few minutes to train it to your writing style. Even without training it is still very good.

Ride
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
If I take notes on the DR800 and transfer it to my PC, how can I open the files and save them as a more conventional format.
The format of the notes seems to be .NOTE --- not a format that I am familiar with and a quick search produced nothing.
The .note files are sqlite3 database files. The content of the database files for the notes files is basically the same as for the annotations. I added an extension to Xournal (I think it was for Ride) to export them into a format usable for MyScript. I think I should be able to get it working again once the source code and SDK for the new firmware are published. The code could ofcourse also be used by other programs running on DR or PC to extract the scribbles/notes.
I can not help with the question which tool to use to convert the handwriting to text.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
The .note files are sqlite3 database files.
I can not help with the question which tool to use to convert the handwriting to text.
Nice to have them in an open format, so I assume that the data can be dumped into some OCR program such as tesseract. Now just to get the time to look at this
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately the real scribble data is a BLOB, so you need to decode it first. However the structure is not that difficult.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote