Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Anyone receive their Best Buy Daily Edition Yet?

I ordered mine on December 27 while they were on sale. I have not received any further communication from Best Buy. I know some folks received delay notices, but I did not. If you received yours, please post the order date and shipping date.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
jeeka
jeeka began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Edition
Good idea.. I ordered mine on Dec 30 and still shows up as backordered. Couple of phone calls to best buy didn't really shed any additional light with regards to ship date. Would love to hear from others who have received theirs from BB...
jeeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
According to the Best Buy forum they'll be shipping existing backorders on the 19th.

I ordered mine on the 30th as well so I'm hoping a week from now to have it!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
monkeyboy20
monkeyboy20 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505, sony 600, sony 900, iPad 32Gb wifi (soon)
Still waiting...

Ordered mine on the Dec. 30th. Status still says "Backordered". I'm going to give it another week to see if it ships. If not... I'll be canceling my order even though I got it when it was on sale.
monkeyboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Minda
Minda began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can't Hold On Much Longer

I am hopeful that the 19th really is the day, thank you for posting the link to that forum. I ordered mine the 31st, so I guess that a month is ok for the $40 discount
Minda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
jeeka
jeeka began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Edition
Smile Thanks !

Thanks for the link ! Guess I can stop checking my best buy order status three times a day !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
According to the Best Buy forum they'll be shipping existing backorders on the 19th.
jeeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
wrightde
wrightde began at the beginning.

Device: none
I ordered mine on Jan 2nd. Still says back order and customer service has no idea when they are getting the item in. So who do we believe?
wrightde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeka View Post
Thanks for the link ! Guess I can stop checking my best buy order status three times a day !
Tomorrow we can start checking every hour until something changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightde View Post
I ordered mine on Jan 2nd. Still says back order and customer service has no idea when they are getting the item in. So who do we believe?
We'll know, hopefully, tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Well, today is the 19th. I just checked Best Buy and my order is still listed as in process. On the other hand, it looks like B&H and JR are both now listing it in stock.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
wrightde
wrightde began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mine order status still says backordered. I called customer service and they said they know nothing about orders shipping out today. I asked when they were getting them in and she said they don't know. I tried to explain to her that SOMEONE at Bestbuy, maybe the vendor relations person, know when these are expected to be received. Then she tried to transfer me to customer relations and stuck me in a spanish queue. How nice....
wrightde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Minda

Best Buy Forum

Ah, Josh the moderator on the Best Buy forum says he has to make some calls. Well, my heart has been broken a little.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
dsvick
Wizard

Mine too. I'm just amazed that they can't give a date! I'm giving them one more day then cancelling and ordering from somewhere else.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
richaversa
richaversa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I just received an email from BB saying that my order is finally being shipped via UPS on 1/19/2010. I placed my order on December 19, 2009. So, looks like they really are taking care of the early backorders. Now I am just hoping for a speedy delivery.
richaversa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #14
Minda

Countdown?

Ooh, I made my order the 31st....Now I'm curious if they are doing this in order
Old 01-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
richaversa
richaversa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Looks like they are sending them out in the order they came in.
richaversa is offline   Reply With Quote