Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
How can you tell if the Kindle Store ebook has DRM?

How can you tell if a book in a kindle store has DRM or not?

I use the Iphone app and have gotten books, but I heard there are some DRM free books, but how can you tell on the Amazon site?
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't know if you can search for them, but DRM-free ebooks should have:
Quote:
Product Details

* Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
One keyword you can search for is "smashwords" since all Smashwords titles are DRM-free, although you can also get them directly from http://www.smashwords.com/.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I don't know if you can search for them, but DRM-free ebooks should have:

One keyword you can search for is "smashwords" since all Smashwords titles are DRM-free, although you can also get them directly from http://www.smashwords.com/.

Ok thank you. I am just wondering, because I bought the full works of HG wells awhile ago, and now that I have an Astak, was wondering if would work on it.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Ok thank you. I am just wondering, because I bought the full works of HG wells awhile ago, and now that I have an Astak, was wondering if would work on it.
If you like HGWells, you might want to search our ebooks pages........there are many Wells books there, formatted by our members, to give a great reading experience.

And all our books are free! Both drm, and pricewise.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote