Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
&mdash and &hellip

I have some pdfs with &mdash and &hellip. How do I get rid of them? If someone could tell me how to convert to anything, I can take it from there and convert it to mobi. I have tried to convert pdf to mobi on both Calibre and mobipocket, and the darn &mdash and &hellip are still there.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I have some pdfs with &mdash and &hellip. How do I get rid of them? If someone could tell me how to convert to anything, I can take it from there and convert it to mobi. I have tried to convert pdf to mobi on both Calibre and mobipocket, and the darn &mdash and &hellip are still there.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Debra
If they are in the PDF that way it was because they were mis-applied before or during conversion.
The proper code is those names ending with a semi-colon.
so search for &mdash Replace with —
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, it is — How do I convert it from there?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Turn on Heuristic Processing!!!! Is there anything Calibre can't do?