Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #16
chrisv5
chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad
I'd like to humbly suggest that any GUI with widgets like a progress bar, etc. are a bit ill suited for an e-ink display. It is simply not made for frequent updates.
chrisv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I understand that. I can probably get rid of the progress bar alltogether. All I need is a simple interface for basic controls and managing a playlist.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
I understand that. I can probably get rid of the progress bar alltogether. All I need is a simple interface for basic controls and managing a playlist.
Gimix looks nice. I used the other (primitive) MP3 player on the iLiad. Was working in the background too, but had small hickups when using the pagebar in the PDF viewer.

Had no volume control and not a nice file selection.

After you have finished this one, maybe you could look at Ted, a text editor.

http://www.nllgg.nl/Ted/

Mark de Does, the author, wants to help porting it to the iLiad.

Antartica (on this forum) worked on it. It was partially working (not any more after the last firmware upgrade), but he abandoned the project.

Look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?t=8661&page=3
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #19
chrisv5
chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.chrisv5 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Fully agreed. Then there is still the problem with volume control. I think the iLiad is a great platform for *certain* applications, but it not suited for many task I can do on a PDA or a Nokia N770/N800.

I, for example, would love to be able to read my emails (newsgroups, even forums) on the iLiad, but writing/posting is an entirely different thing.

The iLiad is perfect for static content or content which changes infrequently. I would not use it for a web browser (slow updates, battery drain), but reading content which gets gathered by long intervals (news digests, newsgroups, forums, emails). For that the combination of a daylight capable screen and WLAN is fantastic. Extensive writing is not something which I can envision.

What is the view of others on that? Oops, yes, off topic :-)
chrisv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #20
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv5
I, for example, would love to be able to read my emails (newsgroups, even forums) on the iLiad, but writing/posting is an entirely different thing.
I took notes on mine for 90 minutes this morning in an analysis class. But of course, there's no conversion from handwriting to text on full-page input. (And perhaps that's just as well in this case, as I don't know if any handwriting recognition system could handle all the math symbols I was throwing into the mix this morning.) At any rate, I used to use my Newton for plenty of text input, even without the keyboard.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I've setup a group of scripts that should easily allow playing music through the contentlister. I'll have to do some testing on it when I get home before I can post it.

It'll automatically add mp3's in a specific directory to a playlist. You can choose a specific song from the playlist, set it to repeat, shuffle, play, pause, skip songs, and increase/decrease the volume. It uses the MPD music daemon. I haven't tested reading a book while playing music, but it should work without problems.

Last edited by Adam B.; 03-21-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote