Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
mytwobears
mytwobears began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Astak Pocket Pro, and Entourage Pocket Edge
Post How to add html to calibre and send to cybook opus

Hello Everyone,

I am having some problems using calibre to send html ebooks to my cybook opus device.

When I add html ebooks to calibre it adds it as a zip file; from what I've read, this is standard behavior in calibre. However, I can't send this zip file to my opus. The opus supports html files, so if someone can share any instructions on how to get calibre to add my html books as html so I can send it directly to my opus would be really awesome.

Thanks so much for any help you can give. - mytwobears.
mytwobears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Polydwarf
Enthusiast
Polydwarf began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ V7, Cybook Opus
You'd probably be better off just converting it to an epub, and loading the epub to your Opus.

Select the zipped book in Calibre, then hit the "Convert EBook" button up in your button bar. Make sure the "Output Format" dropdown (in the upper-right corner of the convert screen) says epub, then hit OK. It'll chew on it (probably not more than a few seconds depending on your machine), and you'll have an additional format for the book. View the resultant epub (either click the number for the item, which defaults to displaying the epub if it can find it, or edit the individual metadata for the book and double click the epub entry in the list) to make certain it looks ok.

Assuming so, just send it to your opus. Calibre will send the epub, instead of the zip, and you should be able to find it there.
Polydwarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cybook, cybook opus, opus