Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #16
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
unfortunately i also have to agree with issybird. i tried to start a few of the austin continuations, but she's expressed perfectly what i thought about them.

frederica is a great georgette heyer to start with. it certainly was for me years ago - it got me hooked. i love many of her regencies/historicals, two of which - Cotillion and A Civil Contract break some of the regency traditions. and her first book, the black moth, can be downloaded right here on mobile read. it's actually another of my faves.

mobi
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=Heyer

epub
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=Heyer
Thank you! I downloaded it onto my Nook, it will be my next read after I finish Kazan by James Oliver Curwood.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I remember reading a book some years ago, that was a continuation of Austen's unfinished novel, Sandition. I found that quite interesting even though the author didn't quite have the feel for the time period.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #18
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Joan Aiken did some fairly good ones. I can't recall any particulars as I read them at least 15 years ago. There were better ones such as Mansfield Park revisited and one about Jane Fairfax and some were so-la-la. After two or three books, I lost interest.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote