Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #76
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
How did you find out about hidden features like the draw tool?
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #77
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
ah those,there are in /var/local/waf.you must get ssh/usb network working to acess the kindle filesystem.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #78
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have to start a usb network then connect to a computer with the usb cable?

Last edited by icantbebothered; 08-11-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #79
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

this is for windows 7 only,dont know how to do on linux
u have to install usb net package,configure your computer to be 192.168.15.201 by going to network adapters,and congiguring ip4 adress of rndis device.then run putty put 192.168.15.244 in host,configure username as root,then type password mario or custom password if you have changed it.then click connect.to access kindle filesystem use winscp.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #80
icantbebothered
Penguin

Thanks
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #81
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

ummm..this question maybe noobish but is it safe to save nano notepad files in the kindle filesystem and not in /mnt/us.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #82
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Duh...
Depends on what your saving.

You had best stick with saving in the user's storage space, /mnt/us until you learn a bit more *nix.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #83
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

How to save in a different location
Old 08-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #84
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
How to save in a different location
What have you done? What where the results?
http://www.gerv.net/hacking/how-to-ask-good-questions/
Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #85
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
ummm..this question maybe noobish but is it safe to save nano notepad files in the kindle filesystem and not in /mnt/us.
You need to mount the file system rw (I don't do it for a safety net of sorts). I recommend writing out the whole path to the file. Of course I also recommend just copying the files to /mnt/us and then copying them back.... But it should be safe, just double check.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #86
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Well crap... I've been very busy. School just started and I've gotten more work then expected. I have a dance tonight and have to finish homework and then I'll finish this version up. Sorry, I just thought I'd tell you I have not forgotten about this.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #87
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Out of beta.

Last edited by Titano; 08-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #88
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Really great. All apps I installed (90%) work so far. Much more user friendly than alpha version. Install and uninstall are very fast.

Thank you, both Hacked up reader and Komic have new version, hope you will include them soon.
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #89
knc1
Going Viral

Any chance of including a "launcher" for the CIFS module and the mounting of a Windows share?

The CIFS kernel module has only been built for the K3 kernel (so far), but turning out a versions for the K4 and K5 kernels would not be that big a deal for someone build-tech savy.
(Twobob and I only have K3s to test with, so we aren't doing K-anything-else).
Old 08-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #90
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

@Ilogis, Thanks for the feedback! I'm planing on updating them when I get this version ready for release. I still have to figure out why I can't get a gmail waf working.... I just don't get it. I'll be a little busy this weekend but I will keep updating that post until it's done. Again sorry for the wait, I just have a lot going on in my life right now.

@knc1, Hm... Well I would need a wrapper of some kind so that way you could configure it on the kindle (like I did with mplayer).... Plus I've never compiled a program on/for the kindle.... I would need learn how to do that... Maybe for the next release, but if someone gets CIFS working on the kindle before then I'll get some sort of wrapper working for it.

Last edited by Titano; 08-23-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Tags
apps, collection, gui launcher, launcher add-ons, organisation