Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #151
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I havent had any problems with mine! For the price of $10 for my son & $20 for mine Everythings going Great LOL As for the Nook you can buy them ALL day for 4119 on B&N used! They are at least guarenteed 90 days! So $100 on craigslist is No Bargin! Woot had/has tham for $99!! Nooks are not bad but CS on B&N sucks!
Not only that, if you get a Nook from Craigslist you'll have NO warranty on it - their warranties don't transfer. (Unless the original owner has an extended warranty from Square Trade that they'll transfer to you.)

Sometimes B&N does drop the price of the refurbished WiFi-only Nooks down to $79 on eBay - personally my Nook is my least favorite eReader, behind my Kindle 2 and my Sony 300 - the Literati is quirky & glitchy but at least I can read it in bed without disturbing my husband. I'd probably like the Nook a lot more if I weren't comparing it to other readers, tho, or only to the Literati.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #152
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF you really want a Nook check out the B&N Forums! The complaints about Nooks Far out weigh the ones on the Literti!!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 04-15-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #153
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I guess we all have our opinions, but I've never had any problems with my Nook. I would keep it any day over the Literati. The customer service for the Literati is one of the worst I've ever dealt with. Mine died on March 10th, as of today, April 15th, I'm still waiting for my replacement. I called 10 days ago to follow up and was told I would have it early this week, but it's still not here.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #154
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then why not contact them for a refund!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #155
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Then why not contact them for a refund!
Well, it's a little complicated, I didn't actually buy it myself. I make purses, bags, covers for ereaders and I bartered for the Literati. I made someone some bags, they gave me the Literati. So I don't have a receipt or anything like that. And actually, as much trouble as this whole experience has been, I do want to have the Literati, because I got it mostly to use for children's books and I would still like to do that....if I ever get my replacement
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #156
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Ok that is understandable! Hummm wonder if that is also the reason getting a new one is slow! As I understand with Tecky things the Warrenties dont transfer...O My! One of the reason I not sure what I want to do if the Tablet works out for me.... I certanly wont need or use my Kindle or Litarati.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #157
PG4003
Addict

I believe the warranty does transfer on a Kindle. But if you are a heavy reader I would think you would want to keep your Kindle for reading books, even if you get a tablet. I know lots of people do that, because the Kindle is better for just plain reading.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #158
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I believe the warranty does transfer on a Kindle. But if you are a heavy reader I would think you would want to keep your Kindle for reading books, even if you get a tablet. I know lots of people do that, because the Kindle is better for just plain reading.
What I think you mean is that e Ink (epaper) is better for reading. I don't think that this is Kindle specific as the Kobo also have an e Ink option and Sony and .... There is nothing magic about the Kindle reader and the only format it supports is archaic these days. ePub is so much better.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #159
PG4003
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
What I think you mean is that e Ink (epaper) is better for reading. I don't think that this is Kindle specific as the Kobo also have an e Ink option and Sony and .... There is nothing magic about the Kindle reader and the only format it supports is archaic these days. ePub is so much better.

Dale
I understand what you are saying, I know there is nothing magic about the Kindle, the reason I specified the Kindle is because that's the reader she owns.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #160
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I own K3 wifi & Literati... I like them both for reading but I cant put ebook from the K3 on the Literati! Which sucks as I running out of room on it to add more ebooks! The Literati has the expandable storage of SDCards! I have 16 gig micro Full of eBooks for it! I getting a Tablet at CVS [$100] IF it works out I be selling the 2 eReaders! As I wont need 3 LOL

BTW when I use the PC-Kindle application on my computer....the books Look Like eInk! I seen Pic on web sites of what Kindle ebook look like & its the same! Whats going to kill me is battery like 6 hours!! I read longer than that at 1 time!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 04-16-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #161
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I own K3 wifi & Literati... I like them both for reading but I cant put ebook from the K3 on the Literati! Which sucks as I running out of room on it to add more ebooks! The Literati has the expandable storage of SDCards! I have 16 gig micro Full of eBooks for it! I getting a Tablet at CVS [$100] IF it works out I be selling the 2 eReaders! As I wont need 3 LOL

BTW when I use the PC-Kindle application on my computer....the books Look Like eInk! I seen Pic on web sites of what Kindle ebook look like & its the same! Whats going to kill me is battery like 6 hours!! I read longer than that at 1 time!
Perhaps you can save the books you are not currently reading on to your computer for safe keeping. 4 Gig of books is a lot of books on a Kindle and 16 gig is a huge number. Are you using them for reference? I can't imagine you can read that many at once. Are you away from a computer a long time? I would think you must have in the neighborhood of 20,000 books unless they are unusually long picture books.

I see a lot of difference in e-ink and pictures of the device does not do it justice. Of course the look of a screen is very dependent on lighting conditions. For my Literati I usually try and find a place out of the sun and I keep the backlight fairly low as I use it mostly at night. My E Ink device I favor in sunlight and normally sit by a window or outside. It works ok by lamplight but it really shine when outside sitting on my deck.

You are right about the battery life although I doubt if the tablet you are getting will have anything close to 6 hours particularly if you have to turn the backlight up. I have been known to use my Literati while plugged into the charger which works fine. There are also portable battery extension devices that can be used similarly but then there is the additional weight to worry about.

Good luck on your reading endeavors. Sounds like it is your life.

Dale
Old 04-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #162
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Dale between reading listening to audiobooks & TV IT is my life! Living on Disability is a Pain! Not enought money or Phy ability to go get a Life. So I vanish into a good movie or book. My gf in SC sent me the books on the SDCard LOL Once she found out I had a Nook...but atlass it was Junk! Kindle had no way to play the SDCard ...as most know. Was Tickled to get the Laterati that does!! Great for Library book also!! But as I said the Kindle is full of the ebooks I paid for! And I have no clue how to remove Kindles DRM to fix them so I can use the Litarti & SDCard to save them! Thing is I only had the Kindle since Jan 20th!!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 04-16-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #163
annettecat
annettecat began at the beginning.

Device: literati
Blinking literati

Just purchased a literati, charged it, when i turn it on all it does is blink,
i can't even turn it off...
any ideas?
annettecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #164
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Try resetting it by pushing a small paper clip into the hole in the back of the unit. What do you mean it blinks? Does the screen come on with a display and then it goes away? Is it fully charged? If you press and hold the power key down for 10 seconds or so will it power down?

Dale
Old 04-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #165
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Does anyone know how to make PDF eBooks Readable on the Literati?