Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Question Displaying The Title And Author On Kindle With a PDF

Hello,
I have a PDF file on my Kindle with this properties:

If I edit the title and author properties and put the PDF on the Kindle, I'm going to see like the other books?
Like this:

Best Regards,
Nathan Paulino Campos
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I say make a copy of the pdf file. Make your changes on the copy and load it onto the Kindle see what happens.

Sometimes you just have to experiment.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Ok, I'm going to do this
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
SalvaG
Enthusiast
SalvaG is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
If I edit the title and author properties and put the PDF on the Kindle, I'm going to see like the other books?
No, and I dont know why.
SalvaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
No, you won't see that info, because the Kindle looks in metadata fields specific to PRC/MOBI/AZW files. A PDF does not have those fields.

Mike
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
SalvaG
Enthusiast
SalvaG is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
No, you won't see that info, because the Kindle looks in metadata fields specific to PRC/MOBI/AZW files. A PDF does not have those fields.

Mike
Last week I used a third party PDF metadata editor software and the kindle dx did show the author field; but the PDF (and again I dont know why) ended up corrupted.

PDF info: http://www.bureausoft.com/products.h...o%20(Freeware)

Last edited by SalvaG; 01-03-2010 at 05:57 PM.
SalvaG is offline   Reply With Quote