Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Jeppser
Jeppser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Auto download PDF

Hi
I have an swedish newspaper i want to download automatically each morning. It's an PDF and the link changes after the current date.
for example:
http://www.metro.se/se/misc/pdf/2009...2009_10_16.pdf

Is it possible to write a recipe that downloads this each morning? it doesn't have to convert it, pdf will be just fine. Have looked around abit but my programming experience isn't good enough for me to do this. ;D thx
Jeppser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can have a recipe download PDF, but you'll have to convert it as the recipe system expects recipes to output HTML.

Doing this is both complex and wont lead to good results. Your newspaper doesn't have a website?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Jeppser

Well, I wanted to be able to see the newspaper in its original view. See the pages as they would look in a real newspaper.

The rss-feed solution works, and the newspaper do indeed have a website. But i just thought it would be nice to read the actual newspaper, not just the news listed after each other like rss-feeds. I have'nt actually got my Sony reader yet so maybe i'll change my opinion about reading the newspaper as a pdf when i get it.. Since it seems to be kind of a pain to zoom etc :P
Old 10-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
The website would be plain metro.se

It is a paper you can pick up anywhere in city without cost. I believe it is paid by advertising. They do not seem to offer RSS so I guess it would need some effort to make a recipe for it.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Jeppser

Yeah actually, haven't checked for the rss-feeds of metro.se, so i guees there aren't any But since the idea was to automatically download the pdf, the rss-feed solution wasn't my intention.

Indeed it's free but everytime on my way home from school, there are no papers left ;D so thought it would be nice to always have with me. Thanks anyway..