Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
anthaet
anthaet began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
[Solved] Kobo Aura - chapters detecting

Hi everyone.

Recently I bought Kobo Aura reader and it's great. I'm almost fully satisfied. Almost, because I have some small issue with chapters detecting.

Previously I was reading books on Kobo Reader application for Android. That app did good job in detecting chapters - page counter on the bottom was counting chapter pages, not entire book pages, so I knew how much left to finish the chapter.

Now on Kobo Aura I have entire book pages number. Some books has "Table of contents" button where I can see all chapters. But some books with different styles (or something else, I don't know much about EPUB elements and its working) they are like one big chapter, when on android they were loaded nice.

That's the little difference between Kobo Reader for android and Kobo Aura.

Is it possible to have it like in android app?

And sorry for my English language, I'm not native speaker.

Last edited by anthaet; 10-31-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Aura label in thread title
anthaet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo firmware has two reader applications. For epubs, it uses an RMSDK based reader. This does the page numbers for the full book and only displays the page numbers in the footer. The other reader is for kepubs. This can do either per-chapter or full book page numbers. When the per-chapter option is selected, the chapter name is also displayed in the footer. This reader is based on the ACCESS engine, which I assume is also used for the Android and iOS app.

You can sideload your books as kepubs to get what you want. The simplest way to do this is to use calibre and the KoboTouchExtended driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
anthaet

Thank you for your reply.

I installed KoboTouchExtended 2.2.20 using calibre, then I installed kepub plugin, converted epub to kepub. Now it's working nice.
Looks like I will have to convert all epubs to kepub (I didn't had to do this on andoid).

The only thing I'd like to get rid of is book title at the top which takes bout two/three lines of text. But i won't complain.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
You don't need to convert to kepub first if you use the KoboTouchExtended plugin. It will do the conversion when you send the book to your Kobo.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
anthaet

I tried that, I did those 3 steps from that thread, (Usage) and it didn't worked. I wondered if I was doing something wrong.

Then I downloaded kepub plugin, and I sent only converted kepub file to Kobo device. This solution worked fine.

Tags
aura, chapters