Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #76
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Oh and I almost forgot what I consider to be by far the best series of books about Ancient Rome I ever read: the "Masters of Rome" series by Colleen McCullough.

Now I cannot read any other book about that era without comparing it to McCullough's books and the other book never quite measures up...
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #77
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Rizzoli/Isles by Tess Gerritsen
Grant County by Karin Slaughter
Myron Bolitar by Harlan Coben
Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
Harry Potter by Jk Rowling
I Heart by Lindsey Kelk

And many more
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #78
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My favorite series are the ones where the individual books have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Not the same person in each book..
Marion Simmer Bradley ( Darkover Series)
Christine Feeham ( Dark Series)
Karen Moning (Highlander Series) My favorite for comfort reading!
Anne McCaffrey (Dragon Riders of Pern)

Diana Gabaldon (Outlander)
J.D. Robb (In Death Series)
Terry Brooks (Word & Void)
Thanks to all who posted! I see a lot of series I've read and need to revisit. And many new ones that I will try.
weltonsfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #79
Harry.W
Harry.W began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've read the trilogy "In her name: Empire" and 2 others in the series. Recommend for those who love SF.
Harry.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #80
Alecia Stone
Explorer
Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't been able to get through many series because if the first book doesn't grab me enough, I usually end it there. Perhaps I'm sorting through the wrong series as I see some here that I've looked up and they sound fascinating.

Some of the ones I have read are:

Harry Potter (I had no problem getting through this series)
Percy Jackson
Narnia
Hush Hush (Need to read the final book, so I haven't quite completed this one yet)
The Mortal Instruments (The first four books - it lost me after that)
Perfect Chemistry (on the last book - not going great)
Noughts and Crosses (great series)
The Hunger Games (wasn't for me)
Twilight (was addictive the first time round but not planning to read them again)
Alecia Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #81
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The Ripley series by Patricia Highsmith
The Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo
The Jack Caffery series by Mo Hayder
The Jackson Brodie series by Kate Atkinson
The Reykjavik Murder Mysteries by Arnaldur Indridason
The Roland March Mysteries by J. Mark Bertrand
The Simon Ziele series by Stefanie Pintoff
The God Don't Like Ugly series by Mary Monroe
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #82
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
The Dune series (the original six books) by Frank Herbert.
Ditto. I've also read all the books by Brian Herbert & Kevin J Anderson. I can't say they give me a great deal of pleasure, but I don't seem to be able to give them up. The Dune Encyclopedia, on the other hand, is a great read.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #83
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper
Riftwar and Empire by Raymond Feist (Began to lose interest after that though)
Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson (haven't read the last one yet though).
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #84
SR Roddy
SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle DX
I tried really hard to think of a non - romance series and only managed to think of two.

Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis

Never read Harry Potter because my kids drove me crazy watching the movies at least once a day.

I narrowed it down to the top 4 for romance.

Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
Dark Hunter Series - Sherrilynn Kenyon
Dark Series - Christine Feehan
Dark Sword Series - Donna Grant
SR Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:46 AM   #85
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
For me it's the Rings of the Master series - Jack L.Chalker.

I couldnt put them down.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #86
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The Company Wars series, C.J. Cherryh.
The Dying Earth series, Jack Vance.
The Morgaine cycle, C.J. Cherryh.

I wish more of Cherryh's work was available as e-books!
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #87
SR Roddy
SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle DX
After sleeping on it I remembered another good series. So sad I forgot it. Although I haven't read the last two books in the series.

Earth's Children - Jean M Auel

This series took me away from the mystery/thrillers phase of my life and eventually brought me to my Historical Romance phase.
SR Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #88
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm about to start on Lee Child's Reacher series, having been hearing about it for quite a while now.
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #89
WordCountess
WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Stargirl is among my favorites. For teen girls it's one of the most beautiful books they could come across.

I also quite enjoyed 'The Series of Unfortunate Events' books. I read them when I was in fourth grade and then again later in life. I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie (but I think all readers have that problem).
WordCountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #90
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The Harry Potter books and Patricia Cornwell's books about Kay Scarpetta.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote