Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
ProverbialFlame
ProverbialFlame began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iphone
Custom Subject in Email to Kindle

Is there a relatively simple way to add a subject line to the "email to" system?

My situation is I have over a hundred scanned pdfs with mixed images and text that Calibre can't convert to MOBI because there is not actual text data in the files. If I use Amazon's e-mail to kindle functionality I can add "convert" to the subject line and Amazon's system is able to convert the files successfully. All the files are in my library and I've done a lot of metadata editing, so I'd like to be able to e-mail them all through Calibre and have them converted, but I need "convert" in the subject line.

I can do a little bit of hacking in python if that kind of editing is needed, but I was wondering if there was some easier solutions.

Thanks!
ProverbialFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the source, Luke
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
ProverbialFlame
ProverbialFlame began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iphone
Thanks, that is what I'll do. Just checking before I got into it.
ProverbialFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the source, Luke
You didn't just say that... very punny.

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I was in a scifi mood having just watched Tron: Legacy
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, email, kindle, mobi, pdf