Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #16
b_knits
b_knits is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G; Sony PRS-505; iPod Touch; Droid Incredible
No, they wouldn't go below 10%, but I decided I wouldn't quibble over $20. I got it for $179. Thanks for your help!
b_knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #17
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_knits View Post
No, they wouldn't go below 10%, but I decided I wouldn't quibble over $20. I got it for $179. Thanks for your help!
And......? Was it in Demo mode? Is it authorized and up and running?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
b_knits
b_knits is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G; Sony PRS-505; iPod Touch; Droid Incredible
No, it wasn't in demo mode (I don't think anyway). It had a sample from a Doris Kearns Goodwin book on it. I reformatted it, authorized it, and checked for a firmware update - it was up to date. I have loaded several books on using Calibre (new to me too) and it's all going well!
b_knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:32 AM   #19
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_knits View Post
No, it wasn't in demo mode (I don't think anyway). It had a sample from a Doris Kearns Goodwin book on it. I reformatted it, authorized it, and checked for a firmware update - it was up to date. I have loaded several books on using Calibre (new to me too) and it's all going well!
Thanks for the update! It sounds like it was a good deal. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. Happy reading.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #20
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
I wish i could find a 505 model for at least $200 In our local store they still have 2 prs 505, but they sell them for $300
BTW, Borders is selling prs300 for $180 , or it is our local thing..?
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #21
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I have both a 505 and a 600, and I use the 505 *much* more than the 600.

For plain reading, it can't be beat (despite what Lblobbo says). If you don't need the annotation features, then you've got a mighty fine reader.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #22
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
You always need several readers
I have three:

- The PRS-505 for reading German books because it has the best display
- The PRS-600 for reading English books because of the dictionary
- The Cybook Opus for reading when I have no bag with me because it is the smallest (PRS-300 is not yet available in Germany)
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #23
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
505 in the wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenas View Post
I wish i could find a 505 model for at least $200 In our local store they still have 2 prs 505, but they sell them for $300
BTW, Borders is selling prs300 for $180 , or it is our local thing..?
Keep checking ebay and the flea market on this site. They are around but getting scarce I think. Also check the Amazon marketplace. Persistance.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #24
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by hike_gc View Post
Keep checking ebay and the flea market on this site. They are around but getting scarce I think. Also check the Amazon marketplace. Persistance.
Thanks!
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags