Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-22-2014, 03:57 AM   #37036
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I'm here, 3:55 a.m. here. :-) I've been to sleep, I just don't stay that way long enough.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #37037
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'm here, 3:55 a.m. here. :-) I've been to sleep, I just don't stay that way long enough.
I have that same problem Betty, overwhelmingly so. well, it is just short of 3 and finally I am feeling sleepy.

GETTING to sleep is not normally my problem. this is new and different

*sigh*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #37038
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have the same problem except there is an 18 month old reason for my sleep issues.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #37039
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Happy Retirement WT Sharpe. Not much is going on around here at present. Just trying to keep warm with the cold temps we've been getting of late. Had my bedtime insulin meds and snack a little bit ago and have to check my blood sugar reading in a while and then I can get some rest. I had an early start to my day on Tuesday by waking up feeling off at 5:30 and finding that my blood sugar had dropped to 53 (70 is the low end of normal). Thankfully that doesn't happen very often. In fact I can't recall more than one other time when I woke to a low and that once was about a month after I was diagnosed with Diabetes. It was down to 45 that time.
Thanks for the kind words, crich. As for me, the doctor is the only one keeping tabs on my sugar levels. So far I've been able to control my diabetes with just diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
struggling with not feeling sleepy. I had two cups of coffee at a meeting I went to earlier this evening (it's currently after midnight), as I damn near fell asleep on my way to it. the coffee has kicked in big time, the wine isn't counteracting it like I would like and I'm not stepping up to brandy.

other than that, I'm wondering where the hell everyone has been lately!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Waiting for you! Why are you still wearing your Christmas costume?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #37040
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hey! Leave her alone! I like that costume .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #37041
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I have that same problem Betty, overwhelmingly so. well, it is just short of 3 and finally I am feeling sleepy.

GETTING to sleep is not normally my problem. this is new and different

*sigh*
I have no problem falling asleep. Nor, when the alarm rings (in the bathroom so it's far away), do I have any problem with getting up to press snooze .... for two hours worth of 9 minuteses. But they took away my estrogen patch (those Dirty Rats!!!) and now it's started invading my night-times too. I was awake for about an hour last night, trying to cool off from a hot flash. Couldn't remove the blankets all the way, cause the dog was on one side and the cat on the other. Pant, pant, pant ....

The back story: had a lumpectomy late in November. And a re-incision to get more of it in early December. Both were outpatient surgeries - no overnights in the hospital. This was followed rapidly by 4 days and nights IN the hospital for blood clots in both lungs and one leg. So I got to stay off work for a month and just read books. And doggy snuggle. Yay me!!!

Fortunately the cancer was only stage 0 and they got it all. But they took away my estrogen patch!!! Now I'm learning to wear sleeveless camisoles and snap front shirts. I can rip open the shirt when I need fast temperature relief. Sigh.

I'm going on a previously scheduled cruise soon, and the radiation treatment will begin after that. Fortunately, no chemo.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #37042
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, crich. As for me, the doctor is the only one keeping tabs on my sugar levels. So far I've been able to control my diabetes with just diet.

because when I took it off last year, I obviously left it at some random elf's place and couldn't find it again! I'm looking around for a different outfit to wear or maybe go au'natural (relax folks, just mean as me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I have no problem falling asleep. Nor, when the alarm rings (in the bathroom so it's far away), do I have any problem with getting up to press snooze .... for two hours worth of 9 minuteses. But they took away my estrogen patch (those Dirty Rats!!!) and now it's started invading my night-times too. I was awake for about an hour last night, trying to cool off from a hot flash. Couldn't remove the blankets all the way, cause the dog was on one side and the cat on the other. Pant, pant, pant ....

The back story: had a lumpectomy late in November. And a re-incision to get more of it in early December. Both were outpatient surgeries - no overnights in the hospital. This was followed rapidly by 4 days and nights IN the hospital for blood clots in both lungs and one leg. So I got to stay off work for a month and just read books. And doggy snuggle. Yay me!!!

Fortunately the cancer was only stage 0 and they got it all. But they took away my estrogen patch!!! Now I'm learning to wear sleeveless camisoles and snap front shirts. I can rip open the shirt when I need fast temperature relief. Sigh.

I'm going on a previously scheduled cruise soon, and the radiation treatment will begin after that. Fortunately, no chemo.
I have been taking something from a naturopath which is brilliant! I'll look at the name and maybe you can check it out with your Doc!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #37043
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Same here ... my doc told me to take melatonin before bedtime .... it helps a lot ... with few side effects.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #37044
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
...I'm going on a previously scheduled cruise soon, and the radiation treatment will begin after that. Fortunately, no chemo.
Good luck with the radiation, and here's hoping that you've seen the last of the big C. Enjoy your cruise!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #37045
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Good luck with the radiation, and here's hoping that you've seen the last of the big C. Enjoy your cruise!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #37046
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:

Right. I think you should take it off.

Slo-o-o-o-w-ly....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #37047
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

LET!!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:17 AM   #37048
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
I'll add my also.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #37049
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Best wishes, badgoodDeb.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #37050
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Best wishes, badgoodDeb.
From mee too!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?