Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #61
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Use and SD Card?
Hah! Why didn't I think of that! You are my hero
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #62
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hah! Why didn't I think of that! You are my hero
Don't blame me if it affects battery life (or screws with your battery tests).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #63
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Don't blame me if it affects battery life (or screws with your battery tests).
I most certainly will!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #64
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
So.... does anyone here actually do any reading on their ereaders?
You mean like actually spend the time to read a book when we could be playing with the ereader? A weird and wonderful idea!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #65
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Here's a date-related oddity: when I use the "Add to Shelf" option on a book, the creation dates for the shelves show up in DD/MM/YYYY format despite having my locale set to en_US and my Last Sync date showing as MM/DD/YYYY.

Anyone know a fix for this one?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #66
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Here's a date-related oddity: when I use the "Add to Shelf" option on a book, the creation dates for the shelves show up in DD/MM/YYYY format despite having my locale set to en_US and my Last Sync date showing as MM/DD/YYYY.

Anyone know a fix for this one?
Are you sure it is just the wrong format, or could it be the wrong date displayed in the correct format?.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #67
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Are you sure it is just the wrong format, or could it be the wrong date displayed in the correct format?.
I haven't encountered a 14th month of the year yet, so I'm pretty sure it's the wrong format.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #68
Vidfamne
Vidfamne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
With my reader mounted on /media/KOBOeReader, in
"/media/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" there is an entry:

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_US

I changed en_US to en_NZ, powered my Glo off then back on, and now it displays the date in proper NZ format DD/MM/YY instead MM/DD/YY.
Anybody knows what would be the best locale to use if I want my format to be "YYYY-MM-DD" and the time to show in 24h style?
Vidfamne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #69
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfamne View Post
Anybody knows what would be the best locale to use if I want my format to be "YYYY-MM-DD" and the time to show in 24h style?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Japan?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #70
Vidfamne
Vidfamne began at the beginning.

Quote:
Well, we also have it in Sweden, but does the Kobo accept these settings? And as for Japan, will it not introduce Japanese characters?
Vidfamne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #71
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Well, we also have it in Sweden, but does the Kobo accept these settings? And as for Japan, will it not introduce Japanese characters?
If the Kobo OS is available in Swedish it should work. But I don't know if it supports that language.

As for the Japanese characters: no, not if you keep the language settings to your preferred language. For English, with Japanese locale settings, something like: en_JP -- but I'm not sure what the Japanese abbreviation is.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #72
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Which language do you want to use? For English en_JP or en_SE should work in theory but I tried them and they don't work, I think they are missing from the locale database and so the default en_US is used instead if they are selected.

en_ZA (South Africa) works and has YYYY/MM/DD date format but not the 24hr clock.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #73
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
So.... does anyone here actually do any reading on their ereaders?
Actually yes, which is why I haven't been chipping into these enlightening discussions
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #74
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Quote:
But I SWEAR the time changed to an hour earlier! However I just synced, and my time stayed at local Amsterdam time.
Hmmmm. Now just what is it about Amsterdam that can cause temporal shifting and possible hallucinations?
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #75
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
Hmmmm. Now just what is it about Amsterdam that can cause temporal shifting and possible hallucinations?
Brownies?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote