Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-29-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Adobe brings Digital Editions to the iPad

Adobe has released Digital Editions for the iPad. It's compatible with devices running iOS 7 or later.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adob...952977781?mt=8

Quote:
One eBook reader for all your Adobe DRM protected books across your iPad, Mac or PC. Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) is free-to-download and use, and completely ad-free. Use it to read EPUB and PDF books, both online and offline. Borrow ebooks from many public libraries for use with ADE. Extend your reading experience by transferring books from your personal computer to your iPad. Organize your books into a beautiful custom library.
Experience gorgeous media rich books filled with interactive features, videos, and more. ADE’s support for EPUB3 standard allows you: consistent rendering of audio and video content; dynamic image resizing without loss in clarity; support for multi-column layouts, interactive quizzes, and math formulas.

• Choose from different font sizes and five easy-to-read page modes
• Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Easily find a word or a character anywhere in the book with the powerful search feature
• Use the night mode, or adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Fun stats on how much time you are spending each day to read your book, and more

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 01-29-2015 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Grammar
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What are the differences between this and say OverDrive?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
What are the differences between this and say OverDrive?
OverDrive works. I tried the app. It says my device is authorized, but it won't open any DRM'd books. I download from several stores and get a message Unable to download. Error getting License" I don't see any easy way to get support. I looked a a DRM-free book, and I don't like the app. It's not worth my time to pursue it . In my opinion, OverDrive is much better.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Adobe Digital Editions, isn't that the software that limits your rights and choices of reading your books by cluttering up your devices with cancerous DRM's and stuff?

If it is, let's just say there will be love and peace in the whole world before I install that software of my own volition.
If it's not that software then my bad!
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Adobe Digital Editions, isn't that the software that limits your rights and choices of reading your books by cluttering up your devices with cancerous DRM's and stuff?

If it is, let's just say there will be love and peace in the whole world before I install that software of my own volition.
If it's not that software then my bad!
That's any app that uses DRM such as Kindle, ADE, Kobo, B&N, and any other. But if you strip DRM, there is no need to register ADE.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's any app that uses DRM such as Kindle, ADE, Kobo, B&N, and any other. But if you strip DRM, there is no need to register ADE.
There is also no reason to use it.

Unless you are a producer who needs to test their books on all the bizarre and stupid readers their customers might use...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote