Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #31
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My experience is pretty much the same as davidfor's. Leaving the Kobo's margins at zero, the page return works. Non-zero and it doesn't work. Tried using an epub with internally set wide margins and no issues with returning to a page when the margin slider was at the left. As soon as I moved the slider to the right, page return was, well, interesting.

BTW, anyone else noticing the long paragraphs causing the page breaks in the middle of a paragraph when reading "A Thousand Miles Up The Nile" Right now, I am looking at the third paragraph in Chapter VII and with my normal font settings, I see a break in near the start of the paragraph. If I move the font slider 1 step smaller, the paragraph looks fine.

Regards,
David

Yep, and it happens all through the book. Including when there's an art work diagram on one page, and then on another page the one line description and nothing else.

I'd read on here about that, and so just accepted it, lol.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's a known bug that apparently has been there for a long time. If the paragraph is more than a screen in length at the current font size, it will start at the top of the next screen. It needs to be a few lines more than the screen length and seems to be about 5 lines. I've been wondering if it is actually the sum of the default orphans and widows settings.
I edited the stylesheet for the epub and set widows and orphans to 0 and still happened unless it's tied to the default of 3. On the page I mentioned, I saw about 5 lines of the previous paragraph, 5 lines of the long paragraph and then off to the next page. What a waste of electrons!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I edited the stylesheet for the epub and set widows and orphans to 0 and still happened unless it's tied to the default of 3. On the page I mentioned, I saw about 5 lines of the previous paragraph, 5 lines of the long paragraph and then off to the next page. What a waste of electrons!
I noticed that it only happens when there is five or more lines than would fit on the screen. It might be something to do with the default orphans and widows, or it might be a coincidence. But, I don't tend to believe in coincidences in code.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #34
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Canadians? I guess they meant "Japanese".
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
Canadians? I guess they meant "Japanese".
Although Kobo was bought by Rakuten, their head office, technical and most of their other staff remain in Toronto...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert