Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #16
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
It's an OCD thing. It may be a bit too late for my sanity.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I feel like your time would be better spent writing rather than doing these "sweeps". Put an address in the books so people can find legit copies of the for-pay story, and then don't worry about it; don't bother playing the piracy whack-a-mole game, it'll tax your sanity and you'll end up with exactly zero extra sales (and if it's not about the sales, then who cares?).
Good advice. I found my free book at a site that was listing it for $64.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #18
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
If they're not selling it, and haven't stripped any copyright and other info out of the book, I'd suggest you provide them with alternate, non smashwords copies and ask them to include a link to your wesite or to the smashwords versions.

Really, the problem with most authors is getting publicity. Frankly, I'd consider this free publicity. In fact, I vaguly recall a graphic novel authore that increased his sales when he found his work scanned and posted on 4chan. Instead of trying to get it remove, he went online and provided higher quality versions and asked that anyone who liked it, please buy a copy.

Just my $0.02

Cheers
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
piracy, unauthorised distributor