Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
list of android apps compatible even with full refresh

there are a lot of apps that are great for normal tablets but totally unbearable or unusable for the sony t1 because of it's full screen refresh. nevertheless, there are apps that do surprisingly well. i'll start with two of my best finds. both are note taking apps.

freenote, note everything (free/paid) - this program allows you to type and write notes, insert pictures, audio, video and much more onto a format much like onenote. i found this program incidentally by looking for a penable note taker. tried pensupremacy at first but threw it out because each time you let up your stylus the whole screen flashes. this weakness pervades and persists in many other android penable note taking apps. freenote is the only one i found that bypasses the full screen refresh when writing by inserting layered images on top of layers which can be resized and moved freely. additionally, there is plethora of editing and notating options. there's just SO many cool and complex features to this app that you'll have to check out yourself, since it would take way too long and too much effort to cover it all. one thing to realize is that a lot of it's cool functions like recording audio and video, can only be used and useful if you're syncing your freenote databse with another tablet (which presumably can record audio and video).

mnote (free) - this app syncs with simplenoteapp.com service, which is an online notepad that works well with something like resophnotes (pc) or notational velocity (mac). anything you type in the notepad is instantly sync and accessible anywhere through any browser. the reason why mnote excels is because you can use it as a text editor and not be bothered much by full screen refreshing (use the norefreshenabler apk for even better results made by hberntsen; even something as complex as mindjet mind maps works ok with the apk).

ambling bookplayer (free/paid) - plays audiobooks. what makes it stand out is the advance bookmarking features. you can add bookmark titles, text and audio notes (though obviously sony can add only text.

honorable mentions: pandora, habitstreak, anymemo, remote vnc.

ok now let me know some of your favorite finds =]

Last edited by multiprose; 02-14-2012 at 06:25 PM.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
rubentje1991
Enthusiast
rubentje1991 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Shuffle is my task app... and working reasonable well (some settings to configure, but from then on, really handy)
=> I added it to the BarShortcuts too
rubentje1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
dmiller
Enthusiast
dmiller began at the beginning.

Has anyone tried the new OneNote app for Android? (https://market.android.com/details?i...office.onenote)
dmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
Has anyone tried the new OneNote app for Android? (https://market.android.com/details?i...office.onenote)
Yes. It doesn't work because Sony's version is 2.1, required is 2.3. I get 'parsing error.'

Evernote works well though. Try it out.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
total commander file manager (as also supplied with AMR rooting kit) works very well.

you could also take a look for working apps here
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

ankidroid works perfectly, for whom are learning a language
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote