Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
pvs
pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mini
Two panel image (in ipad)

I'm an amateur in making epubs with Sigil, but I'm trying to create a book of my friends paintings and writings. I'm trying to have two-panel paintings show properly in horizontal view in ipad. These are 2 seperate portrait images (850x600 pixel)that are supposed to be shown side by side. I created an epub with chapter breaks of text, and then a chapter break that contains the two panel images.Then another chapter break of more text. Depending on what size you have the font on ipad, sometimes the images show properly in horizontal mode. But sometimes the left panel shows on the right side, and the right side panel shows up on the next page, left side. Is there any way of forcing an image to always show on the left side and the next image to show on right side.

I want the my epub to look like first photo, not second
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test1.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	64973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Test2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	64974  

Last edited by pvs; 01-16-2011 at 07:52 PM.
pvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
gardefjord
Enthusiast
gardefjord began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Nook, Bookeen, Sony Reader
Can't be done.
gardefjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
For iPad/iBook-specific ePub stuff, see Liz Castro's Pigs, Gourds, and Wikis. She discussed Page Breaks in iBooks 1.2 last month, and said:
Quote:
Other possible values for page-break-before include avoid, if you'd rather a page break did not occur right before the element, and the very interesting, but not yet supported left and right, which push the element in question to the first left or right page, respectively.
You are looking for "left", which might be implemented some day.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
pvs
pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mini
Thank you for responding "gardefjord" and "wallcraft", thanks for the website wallcraft. Some very helpful ideas.
pvs is offline   Reply With Quote